Novice needig a tiny bit of help

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
robfosters

I've read the manual but still unsure on the best way to do what I'm sure is a very simple thing.

If I set a rule to back a horse in running for 1.4, what's the best way to set a stop loss so that it trades out for a loss if the horse drifts to evens?

I know there's offset betting, but I don't want to green up for profit, I want the race to run it's course if the price is going the right way. However, I want to cut my losses if it starts to drift too much.

Thanks for any help. It's much appreciated :)
sa7med

You can set a stop loss with x ticks in the parameters section or you can add an additional rule to green under the condition that the price is >= x
ShaunWhite

Both good suggestions, or you can create an additional 'green up ' rule with a condition that the profit is < -£x.
Note LESS than minus £x... a lot of people view a loss as being greater than a certain amount.
BetScalper

Do not back a horse in-running at 1.40 or any other sub 3.0 price unless you know it’s going win win. Long term you will lose your pants and socks.
JTEDL

as said the green up profit/loss file works better than a stop loss if in running, or alternative option would be exit if no longer favourite, file here - viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11715

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”