Can I have a 100% sure greening up?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
SantoOnofre

Hello my friends!

I set a "lay the server" bot for tennis, but I'm having trouble with the greening up.

I created a signal for the end of each game (selection is NOT serving and score is **0 vs **0), and then a "green all selections" rule 10 seconds after the change in this signal condition to get a more stable price.

Most of the time, it works fine. The problem is: sometimes, the trade is only partially closed, and sometimes is not closed at all.

I presume that it is occuring due to shifts in price during the four seconds, while the closing bet is not matched.

Am I correct? Is there a simple way to make the bot close the trade for certain?
ShaunWhite

No.
Buyers needs sellers and sellers need buyers. If nobody wants to trade with you at the price you are offering, then you can't change that.
SantoOnofre

Tks, ShaunWhite!

So, let me put the question another way:

How can I increase my chance of being matched on a closing trade?

Something like: "if my first attempt fail, try again until the first point of the following game".

Would be it possible?
eightbo

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Shaun has misunderstood you.

You can secure your green provided there is some liquidity lower.

The green all selections rule only offers best market price meaning if the market moves the wrong way inbetween the hedge firing and reaching the market it will just sit there waiting to be matched. To avoid this swap to a Back / Lay bet and use 'Net stake' you can select 'Custom ticks above/below market price' to cancel out most of the liability and follow it with a green all selections rule which fires something like 3 times w/ a 2s re-arm time to finish the hedge. You can tweak it to fit.

e.g. if it goes against you max 4 ticks then custom ticks of 5 should suit you well.
Dabbla

The rearm times will need to be longer for in play 2s is too fast with a 5 second delay, depending on your stake it will need to be at least 5s or 10 to be safe.
ShaunWhite

eightbo wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:19 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Shaun has misunderstood you.
Incoming correction.....
I did say in my answer "at the price you are offering".... I'm sure the OP could take that idea and work out that he'd need to revise his offer.

I'm not sure just telling new people to re-arm this and add custom ticks to that necessarily helps much more than explaining the general concept that trading is just like buying and selling the world over. It's not a wierd world of jargon, good prices do business, poor ones don't, and if they have the savvy to do any good at this game at all, they'll figure out what they need to do.

:) nothing wrong with other answers, all good stuff and will no doubt help him....but i just wanted to knock out a quick reply to the guy and assumed/hoped he'd get it.
eightbo

Can't help but feel you're defending something for the sake of it. I meant the OP can correct me as only he knows what he was after.
ShaunWhite

eightbo wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:07 pm
I meant the OP can correct me as only he knows what he was after.
What a new person thinks they want, and what and experienced person knows they need, are often quite different.

If the guy gets the big picture from one person and the detail from another, then that's a good thing.
SantoOnofre

Thank you all, guys. That's a very interesting idea, eightbo. Thanks a lot. Thanks for the warning as well, Dabbla.

To put this out of paper, let me ask you two more things:

1. My "Greening All Selections" rule includes a "Clear all Signals for Market". If the greening fails to be matched, the signals won't be cleared either?

2. My bot opens the trade placing a back or a lay accordingly the current odd for the server. If the server odd is under 2, lay the server, if the server odd is over 2, back the opponent. Does it still make sense or the "cross matching" eliminates this need? I'm asking because the "Net Stake" solution would be a little easier if all trades were open only with lays.
eightbo

True Shaun forget I said anything.

@OP
1. Signals will clear 100% of the time when the rule fires.

2. I'm not quite sure what you're asking sry
SantoOnofre

Tks again, eightbo

I was wondering if it makes any difference (from the liquidity/efficience perspective) between opening a trade with a lay at 3.0 on player A or a back at 1.5 on player B.

Because your suggestion made me think that, maybe, the way my bot is programmed (laying the server under 2 or backing the opponent under 2) isn't necessarilly better than just lay the server every time.

But don't worry. You already helped me a lot.
ShaunWhite

There shouldn't be any difference because of cross matching

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”