In-Play Trader issue

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
ddbgoms

Hi all.

I've searched some key words but not found a post that addresses what I am struggling with so hope I can ask away here (and hope it is the correct part of the forum!).

I am using the in-play trader on horse racing. I have the one-click screen set up to allow a fixed stake of £10 to be entered into the market. I have used Global Settings to place a "Stop on opening bet" at a trigger of 10 ticks for a placement at 20 ticks below the price I have layed.

This way, with the odds range I am interested in, I would not lose more than my £10 lay stake - on most occasions, much less.

I have tested this with both fill & kill off and on.

But the stop isn't firing. I have made sure Global Settings icon is uncrossed on the One-Click Screen, but am perplexed as to what I am doing wrong. I have watched the ladder in-play on another monitor, but the gold stop-loss isn't appearing, which I would expect it to?

Is there anyone who may be able to shed any light on why this may not be working for me? I can upload any screenshots that may help. Am I cocking this up royally?
Dallas

Just to clarify you won't see the stop highlighted anywhere like using the right-click stop.

Instead, if you look in your unmatched bets area you'll see your unmatched offset bet, and at the right it will show where the stop is set to trigger and place at.
It should also show next to the log entry..

If not can you post some screenshots showing your set up after the bet is placed?
ddbgoms

Hi Dallas.

I took a new approach at some silly time this morning by creating a servant to do this instead - before I saw your reply (it's how engrossed I became!).

I've attached the screenshots of what I have set up.

This worked well, but then on the last race I tried it on, things went wrong. It didn't match me as expected and ended with full liability loss of £10 @ 7.2 so £62.00 (practice mode).

Are you able to help me to understand why? If I need to post this in Servant section, please let me know.
Capture1.JPG
Capture 2.JPG
Capture 3.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

The servant looks fine and the stop did trigger when required so it's just a case of the price was shortening to fast so by the time it reached the market at 4.6 the price will have been much lower leaving your stop as an unmatched bet.

No stops are ever guaranteed to be matched especially in-play when the odds move so fast and there is Betfair's in-play bet delay to take into consideration.

If you're going to use a stop in-play I'd suggest using a dedicated rule, there is still no guarantee this will be matched 100% of the time but they can be created to trigger multiple times, so if the first isn't matched it will try again, and again so you do have a higher chance of it being matched.

There are several variations I've uploaded to the automation and shared files section which you could have a look at and play about with, maybe starting with this one
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=17894
ddbgoms

Thanks again for all your help Dallas.

I will take a look at the dedicated stop examples and see if I can get them set up alongside my servant.

Would I need to remove the stop criteria in my servant in favour of the dedicated one or would it be better to have them both running? Would they clash?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”