BA opening empty "ghost" automation editor windows

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Wolf1877

Hi all

I am probably being a bit OCD but I have noticed that unfocussed empty "ghost" Bet Angel automation editor windows are sporadically being opened in the background on my trading Bet Angel instance running on a Windows 10 pro machine. My main concern about these windows is in case there may be some kind of vulnerability that could potentially be being used nefariously. As a professional IT developer myself I generally know what I am doing on a PC and rarely get any virus issues.

Questions:
(1) Is anyone else experiencing this?
(2) Is there a legitimate reason for these ghost windows opening up?

Full screen image with ghost editor window opened (with mouse hovering on BA taskbar icon):
empty_automation_editor_windows.png

Cropped image showing 2 unexpected windows (with mouse hovering on BA taskbar icon):
empty_automation_editor_windows_crop.png

What I mean by empty "ghost" automation editor windows is that when I hover my mouse pointer on the Bet Angel icon on my taskbar it shows a preview of all open Bet Angel application windows which in my case would typically be the main Bet Angel "Market" window and the Bet Angel "Guardian" window. If I am actively editing an automation file opened via Guardian automation or via the Servant manager then I'd get a 3rd window for the editor whilst the editor is open and being used. When I close the editor then the 3rd window closes down so I'm back down to two windows as I'd expect.

The issue I am concerned about is that unfocussed empty "ghost" editor windows are somtimes subseqently opening up without me actually opening the editor. If I focus on the unexpectedly open editor window by clicking on it, then it is just a completely empty ghost "blank screen" editor window without any rules displayed and without the usual button to close the editor window. Clicking on the X in the top right hand corner is locked and does not close the window as per a normal window app. The only way I can close these windows down is by going into Guardian Automation or Servant manager, opening a rules file for editing and then using the Close button. At this stage the ghost window closes down and I am back to my usual 2 Bet Angel Market and Guardian windows, but at some later stage these unfocussed ghost windows windows can open up again.

This morning for example I have woken up to find 4 Bet Angel windows open on my trading machine left on overnight including 2 unexpected ghost Bet Angel windows as per the images I have posted
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcgoo

This happens for me when connecting to my VPS'..and it happens when the connection drops out and reconnects (at least I think that is when it is happening) I have never found a fix for it and wondered too about posting about it.If it is happening on your local machine that is anew to me. Being a consipiracy security guy I sometimes wondered if someone nefarious was logging on to alter my bots :lol:
Wolf1877

mcgoo wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:20 am
This happens for me when connecting to my VPS'..and it happens when the connection drops out and reconnects (at least I think that is when it is happening) I have never found a fix for it and wondered too about posting about it.If it is happening on your local machine that is anew to me. Being a consipiracy security guy I sometimes wondered if someone nefarious was logging on to alter my bots :lol:
OK thanks for the feedback mcgoo. Yes I am using Bet Angel 24/7 on a couple of "on prem" local Win 10 Pro PCs with identical hardware both connected via the same BT ADSL connection. My BT ADSL connection has been a bit flaky just recently so you may be onto something. On one machine I almost never open the automation editor and I never see the issue on that machine. So the issue seems to affect the machine where I have probably opened up the automation editor to edit or create a BAF file. As you say it maybe when a dropped out connection re-establishes itself that previously closed editor sessions are also opening up these ghost automation editor windows. It maybe something for the BA developers to look into if they are reading this!
KJLP60

Also having the same problem and have done since I started using a VPS.

Any patch possible for this guys??

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”