Selection's traded volume percentage

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
George Clift

Hi All,

I would like to try a strategy based on the selection's traded volume percentage, but cannot see a condition that will allow me to do so. I can only see a condition for the market as a percentage, or the selection as a monetary value.
Is there any way of doing this, have I missed something?
sa7med

it's available as a stored value. To use it, you can create a new rule, to store a value only, then go to the stored values tab and select it from the drop down menu.
George Clift

sa7med wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:28 am
it's available as a stored value. To use it, you can create a new rule, to store a value only, then go to the stored values tab and select it from the drop down menu.
Thanks for your help. I've always steered clear of the stored values, but it's time to learn I think.
George Clift

I find the language of the stored values and conditions hard to understand, so can anyone help me set up what I'm trying to do?
I want to place a bet when the selections book percentage falls below or goes above a particular amount.
sa7med

George Clift wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:28 pm
I find the language of the stored values and conditions hard to understand, so can anyone help me set up what I'm trying to do?
I want to place a bet when the selections book percentage falls below or goes above a particular amount.
Create a new rule, on the first tab select the drop down menu then select "store modify stored value only", have it start at desired time and trigger a desired amount of times.

then goto the stored values tab > select New > dropdown menu to store a value
> select volume % of a selection > name it whatever you like (exampleVal)
(now you have a stored value which you can use in a condition in another rule)

go to your desired rule > select conditions tab > add a stored value condition then enter your parameters (ie when exampleVal greater than 50)
Dallas

George Clift wrote:
Chose if its the back book% or lay book% you want to test against
Then if its Less than, Greater than or equal to
Then input the amount

SV.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
George Clift

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:38 pm
George Clift wrote:
Chose if its the back book% or lay book% you want to test against
Then if its Less than, Greater than or equal to
Then input the amount

SV.JPG
I want to test it against the selections book%
George Clift

Let me elaborate, the selection's overall book %, not it's back or lay %
Dallas

George Clift wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:57 pm
Let me elaborate, the selection's overall book %, not it's back or lay %
That's what it does, but you need to define if its the back or lay price you want to get the book% from
sa7med

I thought you wanted the volume percentage of each selection, as in

vol selection/total vol
George Clift

sa7med wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:15 pm

vol selection/total vol
Yeah, sorry I'm not being very clear. I do want to test the volume percentage of each selection. I just can't figure out how to do it.
My stored value, should it be the volume % of a selection? Then should "Adjustment" be "None", or should it be "Plus" and the "a percentage"?
sa7med

George Clift wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:26 pm
sa7med wrote:

vol selection/total vol
Yeah, sorry I'm not being very clear. I do want to test the volume percentage of each selection. I just can't figure out how to do it.
My stored value, should it be the volume % of a selection? Then should "Adjustment" be "None", or should it be "Plus" and the "a percentage"?
none

Edit: you can also tick' show stored value in log' in order to do a sanity check
George Clift

sa7med wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:35 pm
George Clift wrote:
sa7med wrote:

vol selection/total vol
none

Edit: you can also tick' show stored value in log' in order to do a sanity check
Great, Thanks.
So for the conditions on the bet rule, should it be, Condition type "Stored value condition", then Value A "The volume % of a selection, or "A stored value"?
sa7med

George Clift wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:39 pm
sa7med wrote:
George Clift wrote:

none

Great, Thanks.
So for the conditions on the bet rule, should it be, Condition type "Stored value condition", then Value A "The volume % of a selection, or "A stored value"?
oh right, it's right there in the conditions tab - so you don't have to create a seperate stored value rule. Yes, just select stored value condition then volume % of a selection.
George Clift

sa7med wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:43 pm
George Clift wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:39 pm
sa7med wrote:

none

Great, Thanks.
oh right, it's right there in the conditions tab - so you don't have to create a seperate stored value rule. Yes, just select stored value condition then volume % of a selection.
Again, thank you.
So next it says, is "less than", "greater than", or equal to. Then there is a value B. This is where I'm getting confused. I'm guessing that this is where I'm setting the conditions, so how would I for instance say I want the Volume % of the selection to be above 50%?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”