Bets Not Placing

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
leest2019

Guardian all set up to fire bets in 1 minute before the start time. Doesn't always seem to work though. Of course the trade that lost me money was triggered, but the ones that would have won didn't. but that's just bad luck i suppose.

So, anyone got any ideas? The markets not suspended and there's money in my account. Arm trigger 1 minute before event start time until 5 seconds from event start time. Allow rule to trigger one time.
Dallas

leest2019 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:16 pm
Guardian all set up to fire bets in 1 minute before the start time. Doesn't always seem to work though. Of course the trade that lost me money was triggered, but the ones that would have won didn't. but that's just bad luck i suppose.

So, anyone got any ideas? The markets not suspended and there's money in my account. Arm trigger 1 minute before event start time until 5 seconds from event start time. Allow rule to trigger one time.
How many markets in Guardian and how fast are you refreshing them?
Do you have any conditions on your rule?
sionascaig

Check your guardian refresh time... If you have a lot of markets loaded it can take a while to cycle through... If this is a problem you can shorten the refresh time and / or use the "restrict refresh" option on the guardian advanced tab which will speed up the refresh cycle...

There is a sticky post all about this somewhere...
Dallas

sionascaig wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:55 pm
Check your guardian refresh time... If you have a lot of markets loaded it can take a while to cycle through... If this is a problem you can shorten the refresh time and / or use the "restrict refresh" option on the guardian advanced tab which will speed up the refresh cycle...

There is a sticky post all about this somewhere...
Yes its in the automation section about the 10th one down
viewforum.php?f=37
leest2019

Thanks all.

There's all the greyhound and horse racing from UK and Ireland, but only using Guardian on around 10 different markets the rest I'm just manually playing around with. Refresh time set at 200ms. It's only really been a problem today (although in the past it's not placed the bets, but I thought that may have been because it hadn't met the right conditions - I know that's not the case today so makes me wonder about previous errors too).

On one of the rules there's conditions set, but on another, there's none (it's just a simple lay for liability of £2 no matter what the price). On the one where the conditions are set, I can't see a reason why that would stop it working in the markets I want it to.

. Not altered anything and it's just worked on the 19:05 at Hamilton.
sionascaig

leest2019 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:07 pm
Thanks all.

There's all the greyhound and horse racing from UK and Ireland, but only using Guardian on around 10 different markets the rest I'm just manually playing around with. Refresh time set at 200ms. It's only really been a problem today (although in the past it's not placed the bets, but I thought that may have been because it hadn't met the right conditions - I know that's not the case today so makes me wonder about previous errors too).

On one of the rules there's conditions set, but on another, there's none (it's just a simple lay for liability of £2 no matter what the price). On the one where the conditions are set, I can't see a reason why that would stop it working in the markets I want it to.

. Not altered anything and it's just worked on the 19:05 at Hamilton.
Thats quite a lot of markets in guardian - 160+.... It will cycle through them all unless you have the restrict refresh option ticked, so 200ms * 160+.... If your rule only fires at 1 min to go then then the window of opportunity may have passed by the time guardian cycles to it... Note: is not
the number of markets you have the rules assigned to, its the total number of markets in guardian and the cycle refresh rate that matters - see Dallas's link above...
leest2019

Yeah I see your point. I'll probably keep the markets to a min in Guardian and see if that works. I'm just being lazy and trying to load them all in so I can quickly go from one to the other.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”