Football Index

Kai

I keep seeing this on my Twitter timeline, they call themselves "The Football Stockmarket". The prices on certain players seem completely mental, has anyone tried it?

http://trade.footballindex.co.uk/
CLOWNSHOES

i'd like to know more about this as well. Seems like it could be a cool hobby if nothing else ... like football manager but with money :D
Dallas

Cheers for that Kai, I've never heard of it either but its certainly worth a look, could you imagine buying futures on Vardy 3mths ago!
Looks good fun
Kai

Heh, I really like the fact that more and more of these new types of exchanges and ideas keep popping up, one of them may well end up being "the new Betfair" :mrgreen:

Well it's exciting if nothing else, since sports trading is not the most future-proof career. But not all new ideas are sports related (like Augur), it really feels like trading in general is slowly becoming more mainstream.
laurencestanley

I had a play around a while ago and managed to squeeze some profit out of Ibrah. At the time, it took a long time to sell players as there likely wasn't very many users. From memory though, they've introduced an instant sell feature. As you can imagine, they take quite a big fee for that.

One of the other problems that I've heard elsewhere is the protection of customer funds isn't that high. I think you are only protected up to a certain amount if they go bust but that might have changed in the last 6 months or so. Worth reading into before you deposit £10k anyway!
laurencestanley

For what it's worth, Football Index have an advertising deal with ITV. I think it starts next week.

It could be 5 seconds at 3am for all I know but it might stir things up a bit.
Kafkaesque

I'm late to the party in spotting this site. Came to post about it, before doing a search and finding this thread. Has any of the above kept active on the site? Or anyone else given it a go?

Is there anything in it, beyond a bit of fun on the side, along with real trading?
Naffman

Kafkaesque wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:21 pm
I'm late to the party in spotting this site. Came to post about it, before doing a search and finding this thread. Has any of the above kept active on the site? Or anyone else given it a go?

Is there anything in it, beyond a bit of fun on the side, along with real trading?
Bump
Kai

There is an active subreddit (a type of forum) dedicated to Football Index with 1752 subscribed members here.

They have a fresh beginner's guide that they uploaded last month : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaCHcpTYxV0&t=

I never looked into it myself despite making the thread, so no idea if there's any genuine trading potential here or how the Covid situation affected the prices, but there's obviously plenty of people trading there.
Naffman

Kai wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:43 pm
There is an active subreddit (a type of forum) dedicated to Football Index with 1752 subscribed members here.

They have a fresh beginner's guide that they uploaded last month : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaCHcpTYxV0&t=

I never looked into it myself despite making the thread, so no idea if there's any genuine trading potential here or how the Covid situation affected the prices, but there's obviously plenty of people trading there.
Thanks Kai, always worth looking into trading opportunities
Naffman

Luckily for people in this "investment" the prices have rebounded, yet 2 weeks ago people were looking at a 50% loss - if it looks too good to be true it probably is.

Also, seems those who are buying now (have you seen the spreads too jesus christ) are betting on FI staying afloat rather than betting on the actual product itself.
ruthlessimon

Naffman

dead cat bounce.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Naffman

The cranberry just did a decent review of the platform, one thing I would add is where is FI getting all this money from to hand out divs every week.
maycontainnuts

He is king of clickbait at the moment.

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”