BetConnect - New Social Betting Platform

petchy12

Hi
Derek what if the price had shortened would you have just stood the bet.
Cheers
Derek27

Hi petchy12, welcome to the forum.

For someone who used to arb US racing with literally seconds to cover bets, 15 minutes seems a very generous about of time to decide if you want to take a bet and the price was trading bigger on the exchange so I took it fairly quickly.

I actually made a very small loss on this one because it was an each-way bet that was placed, the each-way market was weak, so I could only get 1.85 place despite the drift when 6.5 equates to place odds of 2.1, but I'm still quite enthusiastic about this.

When I've collected more data on each-way markets I might be more willing to accept a bet and wait for a price before closing trade.
Derek27

Not having much joy today. Mainly 'pros' taking advantage of bookies each-way prices.
SeaHorseRacing

Here’s a link for anyone who wants to check it out or get on the waiting list... still dubious of it though.

https://www.betconnect.com/punter?r=qksX1
Derek27

The 'pros' aren't as daft as I was hoping. I was hoping to lay a horse at 5, back it at 6.6 and make an easy profit but they are generally going for opportunities that aren't readily available on the exchange, such as each-way value or early prices.

Still early days though.
SeaHorseRacing

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:34 pm
The 'pros' aren't as daft as I was hoping. I was hoping to lay a horse at 5, back it at 6.6 and make an easy profit but they are generally going for opportunities that aren't readily available on the exchange, such as each-way value or early prices.

Still early days though.
The whole point of this is so they can get on early.

What I find stupid is the winning punters are just going to ruin there own market... allowing others to follow there bets will result in bookies margins increasing if it really takes off..

More and more value bets being placed... bookies will have no choice but to increase there overround...
Derek27

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:45 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:34 pm

Still early days though.
The whole point of this is so they can get on early.

What I find stupid is the winning punters are just going to ruin there own market... allowing others to follow there bets will result in bookies margins increasing if it really takes off..

More and more value bets being placed... bookies will have no choice but to increase there overround...
They're not all early tips - some are for the next race. I think it's extremely unlikely that they will have a heavy following, it shouldn't impact much on the markets. Almost every horse in a competitive race is tipped by a well known tipster.
Derek27

Very slim profit margins in today's bets. In one case I had to scalp just to bump the price up.
Derek27

Here's me trying to lay horses and back them on the exchange, but it appears the 'pros' are trying to back horses at best price and lay them on the exchange - and the 'pros' are winning. :lol:
Derek27

Got a free bet on Ink Master 4.0>4.7.
Derek27

Laid Hermana Santa E.W. at 7.5, backed it at 9.0 to be safe, but it's now hit 16.0!

Definitely some free money to be had. :D
Derek27

It's a real struggle to make anything worthwhile trading lays on BetConnect, but it's working wonders for my premium charge.

It makes a change feeling pleased about losing money on Betfair. :D
Derek27

I laid this one at 15/8 several hours before the off (before the big spike) while it was trading 3.15 on Betfair. On top of the premium charge benefits I think this platform may be worth considering.
Texas Radio, 20-45 Wooley.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

I'm paying extra premium charge this week thanks to by betconnect trading, which wipes out what little profit I made. :oops:

But I'm sure my PC will benefit longer term. :D
PDC

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:16 am
But I'm sure my PC will benefit longer term. :D
Can you expand on why?

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”