Introducing Oddsfutures.com

MAB

Apologies in advance to mods! but most of you have never heard of us and so we have to start to get the word out somewhere.

We're http://www.Oddsfutures.com and we hope to change the exchange trading and betting ecosytem for the bettor. :oops: !

We're basically a derivatives exchange for horse racing odds prices. We provide an alternative and hopefully a remedy to the problem of adverse selection for exchange betting traders.

Our API is available for free for anyone that wants to have a play https://www.oddsfutures.com/ofapi_v1/

We allow price traders to trade prices rather than having to trade bets. We are bridging the gap between true market trading and sports.

Yes liquidity isn't great but it is growing, but as we charge on matched amount rather than profit tax it should grow quickly. Fees start as low as 0.1% up to a max of 2%.

I look forward to interacting with Betangel members to get advice and feedback.

Thank you!
mister man

tried it the odds movement is in no way reflective of real odds movement, due to your 10mins before off
change which you might have fixed now, and other factors.

i backed horses at 16s that went off at 12s sp on betfair and course side and lost money trading with you...

until your prices reflect real price movement youve no chance

see your quote
"Up to roughly 10 minutes before the off, we publish a (guide) price, which is a forecast based of the markets activity. 10 minutes before the off (when the official SP becomes available), we switch to the oSP. I understand that this switch from (guide) to oSP needs to be clarified on our site, and we are working on finding a way to make this more transparent."
MAB

Hi MM,

It's tough to comment on a particular market without details, sounds like some time ago.

Sorry to hear you had a losing experience with us like that but it is important to say that settlement on oddsfutures is independent of the trading on it, meaning it's harder to skew and it is also settled at 100%.

I'm sure [email protected] can help you if you want to get an excel of a particular race with the various prices shown.

As you know, it really depends what the spread was and how much liquidity there was on that horse. caveat emptor, but someone profited.

It wouldn't have gone off on betfair and oncourse at the same price 12's so i find that unusual. pop me a mail at the email and I'll pick it up myself.
mister man

the quote was from the e-mail I "popped" you.

good luck but i gave it a good month and more, and the result was that greater correlation to what i wouldnt have expected happened whilst trading with the figures presented at most of the reliable odds portals than vice versa, so it could be a good trading against format. Possibly an outlet for traders with trades that have gone against them to make it up on the non sensical odds and movement your site displayed, but good luck
MAB

Hi MM ,
Thanks for getting back, as oddsfutures is not a betting exchange and is settled against bookmaker prices you shouldn't expect the exact same pricing behaviors initially. That's just part of the game early on.

For example we occasionally have larger volumes (than bf) at the longer prices. Something that was unexpected by us when we started 10 months ago. Longer prices are obviously relatively inefficient on the betting exchanges because they're riskier. Also in relation to exchange price behaviors there is also a lot of froth and price manipulation there (millions might be staked it's but not all sitting as wagers at the off).

Difference is I suppose that, the oddsfutures SP is aligned and settled to ring prices where most of the edge lay info is. So that might account for the difference in correlation you describe.

Over time when more people start to use (as you describe) the futures to insure against the problem of adverse movement (selection) there should be stronger positive correlation.

I didn't know you were already dealing with support did you get the data on that race? Will check out today for you.

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”