VPS V DIRECT for manual betting.

98lewisj

A quick question that I think I know the answer to but just want to clarify. In my opinion it is quicker to get a bet in the market if using BA on a PC with wired internet connection with no VPS. Is this correct? (for me every m/s counts) Running BA on a VPS surely just adds an extra link in the chain?

Cheers
Dallas

The connection between a VPS and Betfairs servers is much quicker than your home/office PC to Betfair is.

But your right that if betting manually you will have some screen delay between you and your VPS so the end result will end up not much different.

A VPS best suits automation, trading from anywhere in the world including restricted countries and accessing Bet Angel from any internet enabled device including iMac's and tablets etc.
Trader_Tom

Dallas has covered it all but I just use the VPS as back up. I load the markets in to guardian and they cycle automatically on the VPS. Then if my connection dies or something happens to my computer I can just jump on my phone and hedge my position for a red or a green as the market is already open and ready.
98lewisj

Cheers Dallas, next question... Is it faster getting a bet to the market from the exact time I press submit bets from the BF website or from the time I click on BA? Again, EVERY m/s counts for me. (I am also aware of the benifits of betting on software etc)

Return to “Technology”