Windows Pictures Help

Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:39 pm
If you use a decent virus and incursion protector like AVG Free then you can switch of your browsers security. It's always slow, inefficient and clunky anyway compared to a dedicated product.

I was looking at anti-virus stuff last night actually, thinking about an upgrade but tbh AVG Free is still really hard to beat and the paid version or other paid products don't really have anything very useful extra.
I've just got Microsoft Windows Defender and I've disabled it permanently because it's a pain in the arse!

It removed a file without asking me and just told me that the file contains 'potentially unwanted software' that will allow the attacker to gain control of my computer. I didn't like being called an attacker - even attackers should have control of their own computer, and it should be for me to decide if I want files that I've spent hours working on!!

Does AVG allow the user more control?
ShaunWhite

Well I like it because it hardly ever lets me know it's there, no stupid warnings or nagging to upgrade. It's ad free too and uninstalls cleanly if you don't want it anymore. It's all personal choice but it works for me.
Derek27

I've just downloaded some music and the album art files all end in _small.jpg or _large.jpg.

I suspect the OP's issue was the period being replaced with an underscore, thereby changing the filetype to an unrecognised filetype.

Return to “Technology”