Cloud Hosting v VPS

badboy13

Can you run Betangel on Windows based cloud hosting? Is it same performance as VPS for same specification?
Euler

You should be able to run it on any platform that hosts windows, but the performance will vary quite a bit depending on configuration and infrastructure etc.
badboy13

Euler wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:07 pm
You should be able to run it on any platform that hosts windows, but the performance will vary quite a bit depending on configuration and infrastructure etc.
For example on Tagadab the cloud hosting seems to be slightly cheaper for same spec as vps, from what I understand the difference is the hardware is split across multiple servers rather then just one server but would this make any difference to performance of betangel guardian to Betfair?
ShaunWhite

Hosting is brutal when it comes to margins so you usually get what you pay for. And is the unknown worth the saving? Do you want to be the one to test the alternative to what others use? Personally I'm risk adverse so stick to tried and tested rather than save a pound or two. I don't know what spec you need but for light use, AWS has some interesting pay per hour options if you're looking to save a few quid.
markbet247

Just having a look at AWS Workspaces. There's a Win10 version which can qualify for their free tier. Obviously depends on usage etc, but could be a low cost option.

I will give it a go, to test out a few strategies. I'll post the results when it's run for a while..
herewego

Hi,
can anyone give me an estimation for the monthly cost using the AWS for
daily horse racing ( lets say 0.5secs updates for all win/place GB/IRE races starting from 20 min before the Off)

will it be lets say close to 30pounds/month?
I know it depends on many .... but an estimation would be good
or how much do you pay for your use of AWS?

Thanks

Return to “Technology”