Betfair live video on a tablet

Derek27

Lately, when I watch BLV in Google Chrome on an Android tablet, connected to my Virgin Media hub via wi-fi, the pictures are about 20 seconds behind watching it on a computer connected to the same hub via ethernet cable.

Anyone experienced the same problem with a tablet or any idea what could cause it?
northbound

On computers, Betfair Live Video is streamed through the Flash plugin.

On mobile (and probably tablets), Flash is not available as it’s resource intensive, so the stream is done by the browser engine itself.

I noticed a big lag between mobile and computer myself, with mobile being a few seconds behind the computer. Not 20secs though.
Derek27

Thanks for that explanation northbound, I think my tablet has probably had the best years of its life. :)
Firpo2019

northbound wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:29 pm

On mobile (and probably tablets), Flash is not available as it’s resource intensive, so the stream is done by the browser engine itself.

I noticed a big lag between mobile and computer myself, with mobile being a few seconds behind the computer. Not 20secs though.
Should I understand that the cell phone is faster to play the sound than the computer?
Derek27

Firpo2019 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:40 pm
northbound wrote:

Should I understand that the cell phone is faster to play the sound than the computer?
I would guess, from what Northbound says, that sound would be the same as video and without the flash plugin would be slower on a mobile, faster on a computer.
northbound

Firpo2019 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:40 pm
northbound wrote:

I have no idea about sound, Firpo.

All I'm saying is that playing Betfair Live Video on a computer browser (it uses the Flash plugin) seems a few seconds faster than playing it on a smartphone (it doesn't used Flash plugin).
Elena16

Obviously it is faster to play it on computer, the application is made first for PC, the app that is made later is slower, remember also the internet speed on a PC is faster than with wiffi

Return to “Technology”