My Pet Hate when trading...and a good example today

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
stueytrader

Yes both, I can see that's a good point about the range of different players (and not just traders) influencing the markets and moves.

Sometimes easy to think it's all only about trading moves, when of course there are also big backers/layers moving prices too.

One thing about that latter point though Andy, when you say the bigger price after the drift, maybe go in more - the only problem is that I often find myself thinking 'is someone laying this for a dodgy reason' or similar...we all know racing isn't exactly known for being a straight sport.

In addition, adding more would be breaking my max stake often, so not an option sadly.
andyfuller

Peter Webb has been running for some time a value bot I believe that has shown consistently good profits. I suggest you don't be so paranoid about market moves, this is where automation would help as it would remove the emotion and thoughts such as - someone must know something.

As for the max stake issue that is fair enough, I was just highlighting that if you thought it value before, if nothing but the price has changed then you should be looking at it as even better value now.

Best of luck!
stueytrader

andyfuller wrote:Peter Webb has been running for some time a value bot I believe that has shown consistently good profits. I suggest you don't be so paranoid about market moves, this is where automation would help as it would remove the emotion and thoughts such as - someone must know something.

As for the max stake issue that is fair enough, I was just highlighting that if you thought it value before, if nothing but the price has changed then you should be looking at it as even better value now.

Best of luck!
You're almost certainly right that it's merely 'seeing demons' where there are non in reality in many of these cases. If I had an unlimited bank would love to be smashing some of these big drifters like you suggest. But then, I wouldn't be trading anyway! :lol:

Unfortunately, by the time this happens in my markets I'm often already at my max liability, and overstaking is definitely something I do not want to repeat (bad experiences in the past with that one).

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”