I Have a Sound Strategy, but How to Scale Up? Advice Please?

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
Bluesky

Another excellent set of results, if you were to average £30 a day that all adds up over a month. I know the big hitters on the forum make far more than this on just one race, but making almost £1K per month is a very decent return.

Be careful not to accelerate things too quickly, I know you have been very disciplined so far, but it can be quite easy to get a little carried away with things once you see some decent money stating to come in. Its up to you but in your place I would probably keep it at the £4 liability level for a week or two just to see how things progress. Then if everything is going well, step it up once again.
Crazyskier

Bluesky wrote: Its up to you but in your place I would probably keep it at the £4 liability level for a week or two just to see how things progress. Then if everything is going well, step it up once again.
I concur, Sir. I've been very good and kept the liability to £4 all week on both the horses and doggies and it only seems to have helped in terms of profits (see today's typical 100% results below). I'm still allergic to red numbers!

I was concerned about bots 'seeing' my bets when they go above £2 as they show on the screen and I do have sometimes to wait longer for matches, rather than snatching at prices and eroding my tiny margins. Thanks for the feedback and encouragement.

Regards to all, going to get my £2 bets on for the Breeder's now and settle in for a night in front of the newly-discovered ATR channel free with Sky! Who knew! lol :D

CS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Crazyskier

So for anyone interested, It's now over a week later and I've been scaling to £5 liability (rather than my original £2) and the results are precisely as I'd hoped. There has been no negative impact whatsoever on the percentage of successful trades, despite increasing liability and placing bets into the market above £2 which are visible on the screen.

You can really notice the averages rising versus just 2 weeks ago when I was using £2 - £4 liabilities. Many races are approaching £2 nett return now, which was a rarity before.

I'm just hoping every week progresses as this last one has as I'm up to an average of over £12 per day from 100% automation and feeling that the risk is paying off and perhaps I should try £6 liability and beyond if it keeps scaling this well :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bluesky

Excellent results CS I think your doing the right thing with the gradual increase in liability and I hope your profits continue to increase. I am sure lots of people are interested but of all the people that will read a post on a forum only a tiny percentage, actually probably a fraction of one percent will reply.
LinusP

+1, much rather see a p&l full of profit then a volatile one.

You looked at expanding into other markets rather than increasing liability/stake?
Crazyskier

LinusP wrote:+1, much rather see a p&l full of profit then a volatile one.

You looked at expanding into other markets rather than increasing liability/stake?
I use a similar bot on the dogs, though prefer to manually green / hedge out as they are more volatile due to a lack of liquidity. I don't trust my bot to run while I'm away at work for the dogs, but often do an evening hour or so, to the usual few pounds liability.

I can't imagine that it would work well on football or other sports markets for a variety of reasons, though I might give some attention to this over the weekend ahead... Thanks for the idea.

CS
LinusP

Crazyskier wrote: I use a similar bot on the dogs, though prefer to manually green / hedge out as they are more volatile due to a lack of liquidity. I don't trust my bot to run while I'm away at work for the dogs, but often do an evening hour or so, to the usual few pounds liability.

I can't imagine that it would work well on football or other sports markets for a variety of reasons, though I might give some attention to this over the weekend ahead... Thanks for the idea.

CS
Reading inbetween the lines of what your strategy is, correct score at the high end may be profitable for you..
Crazyskier

LinusP wrote:
Crazyskier wrote: I use a similar bot on the dogs, though prefer to manually green / hedge out as they are more volatile due to a lack of liquidity. I don't trust my bot to run while I'm away at work for the dogs, but often do an evening hour or so, to the usual few pounds liability.

CS
Reading inbetween the lines of what your strategy is, correct score at the high end may be profitable for you..
Hmmm, not sure how to interpret that last statement. Trading high scores? I actually just stuck with the horses where today was a 100% strike rate, albeit for my usual tiny stakes. 24/24 winners is never bad though, as pennies make pounds!

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”