Bet Angel for Betdaq version 1.25 - Major upgrade

Euler

Not sure it's changed, but I haven't checked. Should be easy to check.
Euler

Betdaq are going commission free on the first race tomorrow: -

https://emails.circulator.com/Content?ID=57652

So no commission, fully featured software = no reason not to download and have a go!

www.betangel.com/betdaq/
andyfuller

Can I ask why there is a need to enter your email address when logging in please?
herbie

13.15 newbury on betdaq 0% com. promotion
at 00:00:00 pre race volume
Beddaq £458,000
Betfair £750,000

both ballpark figure.
Didnt capture , just glanced it.

race finished
Betdaq £498,699 exact figure
Betfair ??? missed it

Did the promotion make any difference?
Euler

andyfuller wrote:Can I ask why there is a need to enter your email address when logging in please?
We don't have a registration process, so this is the way we capture that information. Else we have no way of communicating with users.
Euler

herbie wrote:Did the promotion make any difference?
On those numbers yes, but I did forget to capture it myself.
aperson

Been using this for the last week and really like it. Thanks Guys!

I just have a couple of suggestions for improvements. As has already been mentioned a bookmaking tab would be useful. It would also be good if there was automation for the bookmaking/dutching so that we could take advantage of overbroke books etc. Finally is there any chance of being able to show the volume traded per runner as a header on the ladder screen?

I've found it really interesting being able to set the volume matched to Betfair values. As far as I can tell most horse races on Betdaq have around 10% of the volume matched compared to Betfair. However there were some races over the weekend at Leopardstown where the volume was getting on for 25%. I've been trading on Betdaq for a few years now and it does feel as if the markets are slowly improving, (although maybe part of this is me getting better at trading them). I really would recommend giving Betdaq a go if you haven't already particularly if you struggle on Betfair. I've never made a consistent profit trading horses on Betfair but I do on Betdaq. OK you may not make the same fortunes if you become successful, (although Peter seems to do well on both exchanges), but I'd argue Betdaq is easier for people at an entry level. The fact the the markets just follow the Betfair markets helps.
Mr Undercover

Euler,

I'm having a play and noticed the full market depth is patchy. The amount traded per tick appears on the first market I view after loading the s/ware and logging in, but then is not present when I switch to different markets.

This may be an environmental thing, I'm using Windows 7 professional SP1.

If I close down betdaq angel restart and view a different market I can see the amounts traded again on the first market viewed only... odd.

Is this Betdaq or a glitch somewhere else.

thanks in advance
andyfuller

Euler wrote:
andyfuller wrote:Can I ask why there is a need to enter your email address when logging in please?
We don't have a registration process, so this is the way we capture that information. Else we have no way of communicating with users.
Thanks for that Peter - could I make a suggestion that you add to the option of ticking 'remember username' and also have 'remember email address' as it is a pain to have to enter it each time you want to log in and shouldn't really cause any security issues keeping it remembered.
aperson wrote:Finally is there any chance of being able to show the volume traded per runner as a header on the ladder screen?
Big +1 for this feature.
aperson wrote:I've found it really interesting being able to set the volume matched to Betfair values. As far as I can tell most horse races on Betdaq have around 10% of the volume matched compared to Betfair.
Yes around 10% seems right but it could go up very quickly if more traders get involved as they turn over a lot more money quite quickly. What is missing though is the recreational punters who are just as important in the ecosystem. Getting them to move though will be very hard.
aperson wrote:there were some races over the weekend at Leopardstown where the volume was getting on for 25%.
I think the irish and bigger meetings have good money coming through - is Betdaq more prominent in Ireland perhaps?

They have a large share of the oncourse market I think in the UK which helps at the bigger meetings with bookies hedging into the market and often taken under the 'exchange' odds.
aperson wrote:I've been trading on Betdaq for a few years now and it does feel as if the markets are slowly improving
I don't have stats on them but I really feel like they have improved in the last year. They are missing the punters though that will make a big difference.
andyfuller

Can I ask about keyboard short cuts/hot keys.

In the user manual it states:
With Bet Angel Professional we have introduced several hot keys for use in conjunction with the enhanced ladder.
These are:
Z – Cancel unmatched bets in left column
X – Cancel unmatched bets in right column
C – Close position at current available price
Space bar – Select ‘Net stake’ to make available for use with the next mouse click
Return/Enter - Re-centre ladders to last traded price
This imo is an extremely limited list that really could do with being expanded. Ideally I would like it to be customable to allow the user to decide which key does what but it is possible to map this using third party software - but not ideal.

However, I would like to see several more hot keys added such as:

Cancel all bets orders
Cancel all back orders
Cancel all lay orders
Sort Market (by current default, eg. by price)
Centre ladders
Previous stake - so after changing to Net stake you can switch back
Switch stakes using the pre assigned stakes at the top of the ladder

There are others but these would really help I think with using the ladder interface. Some of these may already exist but I couldn't find them in the manual.

Any chance of consideration for a future release?
andyfuller

PeterLe wrote:Are Betdaq doing anything to actively promote this?
I came across this site which I think is part of Betdaq that I had never come across before that has info about the API, trading tools, developing bots and some other info:

http://betdaqtraders.com/promotions/
PeterLe

Well that's a start Andy isn't it?
Mind you, in terms of targeted marketing, the fact that no one on the forum mentioned this before you pointed it out, just goes to show that the marketing campaign isn't working! :D
Anyway, its a step in the right direction
tricola

gif upload

erron settings. Polish language windows 7 installed.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”