New beta version of Bet Angel v1.47.0

ShaunWhite

I'm upgrading from 1.44. Can I go straight to 1.47 without the versions inbetween ? I assume i can.

I've been looking at what's changed/new in 46 & 47 ....but was there ever a 1.45 ?
thanks
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

convoysur-2 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:25 pm
...if i do something like this is it still a problem with betfair placeing bets under 2 quid...
Should be ok. They are more concerned with people that only use practice mode and don't place real money into the exchange. Perhaps just ensure you place some larger staked bets each day too. If they had a problem with the behaviour, I would expect they'd send you a warning e-mail rather than just closing the account.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:37 pm
I'm upgrading from 1.44. Can I go straight to 1.47 without the versions inbetween ? I assume i can.

I've been looking at what's changed/new in 46 & 47 ....but was there ever a 1.45 ?
Yes you can upgrade directly to the latest version.
Version 1.45 didn't go on the forum first - it went live immediately when betfair switched off the Australian exchange.
Jukebox

Tonight's Man City v Monaco was the perfect test for the Book% - It meant I could look at the ladder for the best price - instead of at the calculator - Great work! Filled my book twice!!
Joao

Wow, this is awesome BA team! Great new features, was looking forward for both.
gutuami

I would like to have a shortcut for removing Closed markets from Guardian. Or an automated feature to do that for me.
Or ability to remove closed markets from from synchronized [with guardian] watch list.
Willygubbins

With the new addition of Offsetting by percentage, Is there a new Spreadsheet/ or command to enact this on the spread sheet or is it as simple as typing:

=BACK[OFFSET:50%][WITHGREENING:TRUE]
Willygubbins

On a side note......
Is there any plans to increase the number of automation nominated selections?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Willygubbins wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:08 pm
With the new addition of Offsetting by percentage, Is there a new Spreadsheet/ or command to enact this on the spread sheet or is it as simple as typing:

=BACK[OFFSET:50%][WITHGREENING:TRUE]
Nearly. You'd enter: BACK OFFSET_PERC:50.0 WITH_GREENING:TRUE

The new commands are:
  • OFFSET_PERC:x.x
  • STOP_PERC:x.x
  • STOP_PLACE_PERC:x.x
ShaunWhite

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:00 am

By Liability (Back & Lay Bets)
This option is most useful when you wish to trade by liability. Your back bets are staked in a similar way to the lay bets so that positions in the market can be easily opened and closed. In the case of a back bet, the ‘Seed Stake’ will now be your potential profit (the liability the person who takes your bet is accepting) so if you have selected a £20 stake and place a back bet at odds of 8.0 Bet Angel will calculate the amount required to realise a £20 profit; at odds of 8.0 it would mean a back bet of £2.86 is submitted to the market. This means if that selection wins you make a profit of £20 or a loss of -£2.86 if it loses.

By Book%
The ‘Seed Stake’ is divided by the placement price of the bet (the amount placed would be the same regardless of backing or laying). So, if you have selected a £20 stake and place a bet at odds of 5.0 the amount submitted would be £4 (£20 / 5.0 = £4) and if the same £20 stake was used to place a bet at odds of 2.2 the amount submitted would be £9.09 (£20 / 2.2 = £9.09).
errr... I'm probably being thick but aren't these the same apart from one stakes at Seed/Price and the other stakes at Seed/(Price-1), both stake equally each side. Or maybe this is the differnce?

It's tricky sometimes to work out these explainations as very similar options are worded in such different ways. It would be nice if the explaination also cut to the essence of the differences. It's clouding things to have Liabilty meaning my liability some cases and someones elses liability in others.
I can't throw stones though because my comments are usually even more verbose than these explainations.

So is it just,
Fixed Stake
Back stake = Preset amount
Lay stake = Preset amount

By Liability (Lay Only)
Lay stake = Preset amount / (Price -1)

Back stake = Preset amount / (Price -1)
Lay stake = Preset amount / (Price -1)

By Book%
Back stake = Preset amount / Price
Lay stake = Preset amount / Price

By Tick Size
Back stake = Preset amount / Tick size
Lay stake = Preset amount / Tick size

?
ShaunWhite

!!!! INSTALLATION PROBLEM ?

I changed the installaion folder to be 'Bet Angel - Professional v1.47" so i wouldn't over write my old 'Bet Angel - Professional" folder.

The install has completed and it has deleted my old 'Bet Angel - Professional" folder and obviously all of it's sub folders !!!!.
WHY ? No archived copy of it, nothing in the recycle bin either, genius. What Beta install has EVER removed the Alpha ! BA dev are usually great but this is rollout 101.

'kin furious as I had other stuff in there too !!! Incl new templates.

It's time to go a backup and cross my fingers.

...thankfully it hasn't done the same to the ApplicatioData folder, or created a new one, so my old rules are still there.
Is it common knowledge you can't have 2 versions installed ? Did I miss that meeting.
Dallas

So is it just,
Fixed Stake
Lay stake = Preset amount

By Liability (Lay Only)
Lay stake = Seed Stake is the amount your willing to risk no matter what odds you place your lay at, so with a seed stake of £50 lay @ 4.0 the amount placed is £16.67, put your lay bet at 18 and the amount placed will be £2.94.

Back stake = (think of it as Profit you want to make) so if you wanted a £50 profit from a bet you would chose a seed stake of £50 then when you place the bet the software calculates the amount required to return a £50 profit - so if you put a back bet at 6.0 the amount placed would be £10 as that is whats required to make you £50 profit if it wins at these odds
Lay stake = As Above

By Book%
Back stake = Preset amount / Price - yes (a £20 stake and place a bet at odds of 5.0 the amount submitted would be £4 (£20 / 5.0 = £4)
Lay stake = Preset amount / Price - yes (a £20 stake and place a bet at odds of 5.0 the amount submitted would be £4 (£20 / 5.0 = £4)

By Tick Size
Profit per tick increment - £5 seed stake will place what ever amount is required so that you make £5 each tick the price moves, this is also the same as its always been https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/aut ... 3D&mw=MzIw

Why did you not just install it over the top - it keeps all exsisting settings, profiles, automation files exactly as they are the same as it does with every new upgrade.
You'll probably find your old folder is still there at this file path C:/Users/Your user name/AppData/Roaming/Bet Angel/Bet Angel Professional
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:52 pm
Why did you not just install it over the top -
Because it's a beta. And a new version, and it allows it.
I've installed new versions into new version folders for donkeys years. It's what you do incase an install fcks up.

I can run every old version of Word or ACDSEE or GIMP or Inkscape or Sketchup I've ever had. Different versions have different pro's and cons.
Dallas wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:52 pm
You'll probably find your old folder is still there at this file path C:/Users/Your user name/AppData/Roaming/Bet Angel/Bet Angel Professional
That's not where the installs go, that's just the AppData folder .

...ta for the other info...i'll look at it later
ShaunWhite

Thankfully my overnight incremental backup seems to be intact. So no real permanent drama.

It would be handy though if the install had a warning to say that it won't work like normal installs do. Or a 'Don't bother changing this' message on the default install folder prompt.

Serves me right for keeping stuff in the Program Files (x86) folder I guess. Lesson learnt.
ShaunWhite

We also seem to have 46 unresolved registry entries from the old version.
Untitled.png
I'm sorry if I appear 'over sensitive' about what to some appear to be trivial software issues. I'm a bit OCD about software testing. I come from many years of software development in an environment where problems cost millions and issues are zero tollerance. If there's one obvious problem then I worry there's others less obvious, that makes any issue a big issue. Unfortunately when I find problems and I can't fire someone or chuck them in the Thames from the top floor, I end up venting on here a bit more than I maybe should. I'm not a good passenger and miss being the driver.

It was just the frustration of sitting on 1.44 until 3 later versions have been user tested, changing the install folder as a precaution....and still getting slightly shafted that did it.

On the upside, 1.47 looks like a upgrade well worth doing, especially from 1.44.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”