Trading is about to Change

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:36 pm
Already miles ahead of the curve on eye tracking as I have a compatible eye tracker already for Windows 10. Been using it to 'see' what I miss.
With all due repect that sounds like a fairly basic use of eye tracking. 'On the curve' or 'slighty ahead of the curve' maybe...but 'miles ahead', really ?

.....I know you're confident enough to take a little gentle leg pulling. :)

Which system did you buy?
I tried one of the cheaper Tobii EyeX systems a while ago, the one that mounts near your screen. I didn't get on too well because of the glare from my specs. The ones that are incorporated into glasses are better but they're not the sort of thing you can try before you buy and they're quite expensive.

Are you capturing blinks or just where you're looking? Setting the threshold for blink duration required to trigger a command is difficult. Too short and it misfires, too long and you might aswell use a mouse. You also need fairly big target areas to be sure you're hitting the right spot! I binned the idea as an input device, but just seeing where your eyes don't go often enough, is interesting. I thought I was only on the curve, but maybe I was a few meters ahead of it afterall ;)
Euler

OK, got a bit excited there. But I've always been a gadget investor so picked up on eye tracking some time ago and have followed all the upgrades. The latest one works much better than the previous technology, but I think the appeal is limited for trading as it's just not fast or accurate enough. Great for analysis though.
jimibt

Korattt

now I wonder if the new version has anything to do with stop losses
to75ne

Korattt wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:25 pm
now I wonder if the new version has anything to do with stop losses
more likely they have modeled a crystal ball, and in the unlikely event it see's the wrong future it utilizes a fool proof loss recovery staking plan, a martingal that uses a fibonacci sequence to get the loss back in double quick time with no effort required.
ShaunWhite

I bet you were all the sort of kids who squeezed and shook their xmas pressies. :twisted:

..new guess, Pete the Paperclip (Old excel users will know what I mean), he'll give a little wave from the corner of your screen and point towards what you should be looking it.
Korattt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:51 pm
I bet you were all the sort of kids who squeezed and shook their xmas pressies. :twisted:

..new guess, Pete the Paperclip (Old excel users will know what I mean), he'll give a little wave from the corner of your screen and point towards what you should be looking it.
the only thing I can think of beginning with "st", other than stochastics
ricardodeano

ShaunWhite wrote:
A little Mr Dean anecdote whilst we're waiting for the update.

As a 12 year old, I took the "shaking the present" to the next level. I knew where the typical hiding place was so when, one evening my parent's went out, I went a looting! I found, what felt like a SNES games box and after I prised open the wrapping paper, I was delighted to find in my snooping hands, Super Aleste.

Not content with knowing I had a kick ass present to look forward to on Christmas Day, I decided to take full advantage of my parents having an enjoyable night out by nipping downstairs, putting in the new game and playing it for an hour. After I'd got through a few levels, I quickly nipped back upstairs, re wrapped the present and put it back in it's original hiding place.

Anyway, hope that has helped passed the time....
ricardodeano

ShaunWhite wrote:
Oh, and Clippy would be ace!!!!
xtrader16

It's multiple offsets....so instead of laying a horse £100 at 3.0 and having one fixed offset (either % or tick) we will have Back Offset options (maybe even additional lay options) at £20 @ 5.0, £15 @ 7.0, £10 @ 10.0, So you will make more money using the same stakes if this is what you choose to do. This will enable you to take more advantage of the volatility of the markets. It may though increase the risk management of your liabilities but you will need to add this into your strategy.

I know this because it was my idea in the first place.
Covrich

Korattt wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:02 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:

the only thing I can think of beginning with "st", other than stochastics
I hated that paper clip

Always looked smug trying to tell you something
ruthlessimon

I'd prefer Peter dressed in a wizard outfit :)

ShaunWhite

The video says "The new feature are ...."
"Feature" singular, "are" (plural). One feature with a plural name.."stochastic oscillators" ? But will it benefit almost everyone? Not so sure as lots of people don't use TA.

These marketing campaigns are supposed to keep people interested...we need to pretend to be losing interest so that pw drops another clue to as to the whereabouts of the golden hare.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/book ... andal.html
Korattt

can't see it being released this year to be honest, any clues to the significance of the bell at 0.18?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Z6zx_IAZE

also, notice how familiar the colours are with the 'interference'?
Screenshot_38.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wilf

Korattt wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:00 pm
can't see it being released this year to be honest, any clues to the significance of the bell at 0.18?
Yeah, what has the bell sound and a picture of a bellboy got to do with it :?: Or are they just jockey silks :lol:
Last edited by wilf on Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion”