New non Public beta 1.36.0

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Based on recent requests for a last traded volume amount on the ladder we have incorporated this feature in a new beta.

We wanted to put it out there for people who requested it and this is a fully working version of Bet Angel but we intend doing more work on new features before we go public on 1.36. But wanted to get this out there for a closed group who wanted to use utlilise this version/feature.

http://www.betangel.com/securedownloads ... _beta1.msi
mugsgame

Thank God you can turn this off. It gave me a headache.
Perhaps it will grow on me :)
convoysur-2

where can i turn it off ?
i dont care for it at all.
Euler

Ladder settings menu
convoysur-2

thanks
James1st

I really don't care much for the distraction this causes with flashing figures all over the shop. Need to find a different way to represent this.
LeTiss

OMG it's bloody awful - without doubt the worst & most unnecessary addition BA have made

Thankfully, it can be turned off 8-)
Euler

I guess this feature is defaulted to off when released for people to switch on.
PeterLe

Other than the new feature were there any other code changes from 1.35.2 ?
The only reason I ask is because I ran something Friday which worked really well but after upgrading Sat morning it went the other way. Probably purely coincidence but just wanted to confirm. Im back on 1.35.2 today anyway.
Thanks in advance
Regards
Peter

PS Can one of the support guys explain the version numbers ?
Looking at the format 1.35.2
When you go from say 35 to 36 is that a major release of some description? Thanks
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

No it's just coincidence, we touched the bare minimum of code to release this one.

Generally we increment the last version number if it's a bug fix or a small enhancement to the previous build and the middle number if it's a new feature or a major release. In this case, this was a special build... the first small change of the next release. It only happened due to all the requests for the last traded volume to be displayed (both on the forum and via e-mail) and it was an easy self-contained bit of code to release early. It was always going to be a 'marmite' feature, and the feedback helps us decide about things like whether it should be off by default (which by the sound of things it should). So far it would appear that the experienced traders don't need the feature, but that the masses that are still searching for an edge want to see it in the software. It'd be good to hear if any experienced trader has found it useful!
PeterLe

Great thanks for the update
Having looked at the standard ladder for the last 7 years or so, I found it hard to compute in my mind what was going on! Mind you thats not to say that some people may find it useful with practice? I dont think its for me personally

Thanks for the explanation re versions; Its great that you can you guys can respond so rapidly to changes and requests. Working in the IT industry, I know from first hand, when a bug is encountered it can often take months and months for engineering to sort them out!
mugsgame

I have left it switched on for now to try and see if it's going to make any difference to the way I work. Think 6th Sense called it spot on. If you have a method of working, any change can upset a minely oiled machine. However, those guys still trying to work it out may find it more useful.
I have given this a lot of thought lately having been putting together my own project. Part of this has been looking at everything I do, and trying to find a way to break it down so it's understandable.

I think this is something I already do. But I do it by judging the way the prices fill by eye, rather than having a visual indicator. That's probably why I find it so distracting lol
convoysur-2

i find it usefull when trading slow markets o/u 3.5 etc
but its too much of a distraction for me in fast horse markets.
Marc
AmazingMisterX

Hi guys, how about adding a queue position option? I know it's not meant to be very accurate but can we at least try it out and see for ourselves? :)
Consty1

Initial thoughts are I might find it useful for pre match football.

Actually it's too confusing when things start to move, seems to be really laggy as well.

If I delete v1.36.0 it's not going to remove all my presets is it?

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”