Why is BA green up better than Betfair's cash out?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
pdenoeud

I guess BA uses a different algorythm to green up, compared to Betfair.
Still, this is strange to me, I expect Betfair to do the job better.

Unless Betfair takes into account the commission and not BA?
Another explaination could be that Betfair takes into account amounts available for the green up (leading to a result not as good when liquidity is not suffisant for the best odds) and not BA. But I tested with very small stakes (2 euros) and I still get better results with BA.

One difference I could see is that on markets not so liquid or more volatile, I had the impression that Betfair cash out was often successfull and BA green up sometimes left unmatched bets.

Has anybody inputs regarding the difference?

Thanks!
Pierre
MemphisFlash

commission.PNG
the bet angle is befor commision is taken off unless you have selected the option to calculate commision as well before greening up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MemphisFlash on Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdenoeud

MemphisFlash wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:02 pm
the bet angle is befor commision is taken off unless you have selected the option to calculate commision as well before greening up
I see. It was that simple. Thank you!
Kafkaesque

MemphisFlash wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:02 pm
commission.PNG

Isn't that also the case for BF's cashout? I wouldn't know, but I'd be hugely surprised, if BF is showing a before comm payout for the cashout, as they'd want it to look as good as possible.
Smog_Trader

You can change the settings on the Betfair site to calculate and show the value net of commission. This is o n the far right hand side of the site, settings and there's a small drop down menu. Some check boxes there to alter a few basic settings.

I've read somewhere but can't remember where, that Betfair's cashout is based on one tick away from best market price to try and ensure that the cash out back/lay is filled.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”