EU Membership Referendum (Brexit)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:29 am
the populace is in 'let's punish the politicians'.
...if any were political historians they'd know that's never worked and it never will. They're just punishing themselves by trying to be 'clever' about a very complex situation. I'm starting not to care how much these people are screwing themselves, i'm alright Jack.
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 5:52 pm
superfrank wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:06 am
The deal between the Lib Dems, Green Party and Change UK to field a single Remain candidate has apparently been called off. Another attempt to subvert democracy typical of the leftist loser brigade.
?Leaving or remaining isn't a left/right issue. That's sort of the whole point.

And the idea that 'real' people rather than politicians should run the HoC is naive in the extreme, politics is nothing like business in any way, shape or form. How many businesses do you know that are run by having their employees vote, businesses are dictatorships with short term goals. Trump is proving that when you have to work with other people it's very different.
yes, the notion/interpretation that it is a right wing/ left wing divide had never seriously occurred to me before (there are nutters that belong to both camps). scary that someone not keen on the remain viewpoint should air that thought by way of example!!
greenmark

UKIP and the Conservatives have leafleted me re: EU elections by name/address. I have never had any involvement with either.
BetScalper

greenmark wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:41 pm
UKIP and the Conservatives have leafleted me re: EU elections by name/address. I have never had any involvement with either.
They have been buying mailing lists on a grand scale and then using software to try and identify possible voters.
Naffman

I've had Brexit Party and UKIP leaflets, what a waste of money of course I'll vote for one of you :lol:
BetScalper

I know 6 people that house share. 3 English, 1 Italian, 1 Spanish, 1 French.

None of the English got a leaflet from Nigel but the others did. All of them are on the voting register.

Kinda doesn’t make sense unless if was by pure random chance etc.
greenmark

BetScalper wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:44 pm
greenmark wrote:
They have been buying mailing lists on a grand scale and then using software to try and identify possible voters.
If they've iidentified me as a possible voter for anyone, well done them.
I pendulum from we must stay in, to WTO wont be as bad as everyone says.
Aaaaaaarrggghhhh!!!!
ShaunWhite

greenmark wrote:
I used to post tory leaflets back in envelopes with no stamp when I was young and rebellious.
But now I'm jaded and more eco so they go in the compost :)
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:22 pm
greenmark wrote:
I used to post tory leaflets back in envelopes with no stamp when I was young and rebellious.
reminded me of an incident from a good few years back.

my father in law is a *person of colour* and has had more than his fair share of *banter* directed at him, but he's always been very good at deflecting it. he was walking thro Lewisham market one saturday and some guy was selling the National Front newspaper. To the guy's surprise, he stopped and bought a copy. This annoyed the guy more than a little and his curiousity got the better of him. He fumed - "hey why are YOU f%$&cn buying the NF news??". My father in law casually turned to him and said "... well, it hot and i've got to wrap my bananas in something" -

rebellion via humour :D
BetScalper

jimibt wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:29 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:22 pm
greenmark wrote:
reminded me of an incident from a good few years back.

my father in law is a *person of colour* and has had more than his fair share of *banter* directed at him, but he's always been very good at deflecting it. he was walking thro Lewisham market one saturday and some guy was selling the National Front newspaper. To the guy's surprise, he stopped and bought a copy. This annoyed the guy more than a little and his curiousity got the better of him. He fumed - "hey why are YOU f%$&cn buying the NF news??". My father in law casually turned to him and said "... well, it hot and i've got to wrap my bananas in something" -

rebellion via humour :D
:lol: :lol: I just wet my pants :lol: :lol:
Naffman

Brexit Party trading at 4/1 to get 40% or higher of the vote on Thursday, looks good to me but thoughts?
ShaunWhite

Naffman wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:54 pm
Brexit Party trading at 4/1 to get 40% or higher of the vote on Thursday, looks good to me but thoughts?
The question is.... will >80% of leavers vote for them or will > 20% of leavers still have party loyalties or be voting ukip?
I haven't seen much evidence that >80% of leavers what the sort of brexit the brexit party want. What % of leavers do you think are no-dealers? 50% 60%? I can't seem to find a number on that one anywhere, if it could be trusted anyway.

You quite like them so assume lots of others do and think it's long. I don''t like them so assume lots of people don't so think it's plenty short enough. It's probably best if neither of us bet on this one, were' probably too involved to be clinical about it :)

I don't think i'd back it at 4/1 but I wouldn't be suprised if it happened. All the best if you do.
Naffman

I reckon Theresa had a bet looking at the comments she made today, going to make people more infuriated :lol:
Dallas

Going to be a lively day in Parliament tomorrow as Labour tries to push through a motion to give MP's control of the house again on 25th June with a view to then blocking no-deal again
superfrank

Caroline Lucas suggests an all-women "emergency cabinet" could meet to try and stop a no-deal Brexit.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49321430

You couldn't make it up!

It's currently looking like the next GE will be in November...
https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/p ... .154849135

Return to “Political betting & arguing”