EU Membership Referendum (Brexit)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
firlandsfarm

JTEDL wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:05 pm
We've all been on a night out with a mate who says 'it's sh*t here - lets go somewhere else.' Then when you leave you realise he has no idea where to go and the place you left won't let you back in. The UK is standing in a kebab shop at 2am arguing whose fault it is.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
superfrank

A majority in cabinet voted for No Deal yesterday so May instead turns to the anti-British Marxist Corbyn. Just another blackmail tactic to get MPs to back her stinking "deal". God I hate May!
Naffman

superfrank wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:10 pm
A majority in cabinet voted for No Deal yesterday so May instead turns to the anti-British Marxist Corbyn. Just another blackmail tactic to get MPs to back her stinking "deal". God I hate May!
She's an absolute idiot, and I don't think she realises it but she's destroyed 2 party politics :)
ShaunWhite

superfrank wrote:
God I hate May!
Your extremist reaction, ie hatred and calling upon a "god" for help, is a familiar response to perceived injustice these days.
If you feel that way now, then imagine how you'd feel if a barrel bomb had turned your family into pâté.

Are you on any watch lists we should know about? Try saying what you said in Arabic and you soon would be.
Dallas

Interesting chart as another MP resigns
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Black Ice

Very interesting chart...thanks Dallas. She really is a one trick pony...the MAYBOT is the best name ever!!! She's got to be our worst PM ever surely? Totally lacking in any Leadership
or collegiate ability.
ShaunWhite

One of the worst. May will just lose our standing in Europe, Lord North managed to lose the whole of America.

But the most Mayboty one is Arthur Balfour, in just three years Balfour had managed to lose control of his own party, which was riven by dissent over free trade, effectively sacking colleagues right, left and centre – even forcing Sir Winston Churchill to abandon the Conservatives for the Liberals. To cap it all Balfour was even beaten in his own seat at the general election in 1905, making him the first British Prime Minister to suffer that humiliation.

There’s not much new under the sun, that's why I find these people getting worked up about new levels of incompetence a bit comical. It's just business as usual.
superfrank

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:09 pm
superfrank wrote:
God I hate May!
Your extremist reaction, ie hatred and calling upon a "god" for help, is a familiar response to perceived injustice these days.
If you feel that way now, then imagine how you'd feel if a barrel bomb had turned your family into pâté.

Are you on any watch lists we should know about? Try saying what you said in Arabic and you soon would be.
What a load of rot. Can anyone post anything without having it critiqued by you? Give it a rest.
firlandsfarm

Dallas wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:22 pm
Might be interesting to compare the May line with a Corbyn line following his early days as Leader of the Opposition … he wasn't actually popular either … so we currently have the two most unliked leaders running Parliament! It's a wonder we have got this far … but also a wonder why they are still there.
Dallas

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:11 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:22 pm
Might be interesting to compare the May line with a Corbyn line following his early days as Leader of the Opposition … he wasn't actually popular either … so we currently have the two most unliked leaders running Parliament! It's a wonder we have got this far … but also a wonder why they are still there.
Its all just a total mess, mainly caused by ego's above country
ruthlessimon

Was Onasanya even allowed in the HOC yesterday? Passed her curfew wasn't it lol
wearthefoxhat

Did the Cabinet & DUP not bother to vote recently)?

650 MP's.... recent result (310-310)+1 = 621
Black Ice

Thanks for response Shaun...interesting. Your knowledge of our history is better than mine!! Cheers.
wearthefoxhat

Quick flow chart of the "next journey".....

brex.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
firlandsfarm

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:15 pm
Quick flow chart of the "next journey".....

brex.PNG
That looks about right except I can see some twists creeping up on us …

A Commons vote that blocks No-Deal only applies if we want to walk out with No-Deal … if the EU don't extend and we leave by expiry of the Article50 agreement without having agreed a deal then we are out with No-Deal and the EU couldn't give a stuff what the Commons voted for!

I'm not sure I'm following the reasoning behind June 30th extension. I can only see it helping if we get an agreement by May 23rd when the elections are due (shame, in a way I would loved to have read the crap they would invent for their manifestos!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ). It would be fair to assume we would not take part in those elections so we would need to get a deal and have until June 30th to implement it because after June 30th we would not be allowed to be in the EU as we wouldn't have any Euro MPs. So with a June 30th extension the deadline really is the 23rd May.

There is an alternative … revoke Article50! :shock: Do you think any politician would be brave enough?

Return to “Political betting & arguing”