EU Membership Referendum (Brexit)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
ruthlessimon

Was Onasanya even allowed in the HOC yesterday? Passed her curfew wasn't it lol
wearthefoxhat

Did the Cabinet & DUP not bother to vote recently)?

650 MP's.... recent result (310-310)+1 = 621
Black Ice

Thanks for response Shaun...interesting. Your knowledge of our history is better than mine!! Cheers.
wearthefoxhat

Quick flow chart of the "next journey".....

brex.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
firlandsfarm

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:15 pm
Quick flow chart of the "next journey".....

brex.PNG
That looks about right except I can see some twists creeping up on us …

A Commons vote that blocks No-Deal only applies if we want to walk out with No-Deal … if the EU don't extend and we leave by expiry of the Article50 agreement without having agreed a deal then we are out with No-Deal and the EU couldn't give a stuff what the Commons voted for!

I'm not sure I'm following the reasoning behind June 30th extension. I can only see it helping if we get an agreement by May 23rd when the elections are due (shame, in a way I would loved to have read the crap they would invent for their manifestos!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ). It would be fair to assume we would not take part in those elections so we would need to get a deal and have until June 30th to implement it because after June 30th we would not be allowed to be in the EU as we wouldn't have any Euro MPs. So with a June 30th extension the deadline really is the 23rd May.

There is an alternative … revoke Article50! :shock: Do you think any politician would be brave enough?
BetScalper

I'm finding it all very funny. :lol:
Emmson

Euler has been remarkably prescient all the way through this thread while not being ideological. Quite a feat
Dallas

I'll be keeping my eye on a few markets tonight ahead of what Brussels decides for us
Dallas

Some interesting early charts in the upcoming Euro election 'Most Seats' market
Brexit.JPG
Lab.JPG
Cons.JPG
CUK.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

8 May
21:00 BBC4

Part 1
Storyville
Brexit: Behind Closed Doors
Episode 1 of 2

The gripping untold story of the Brexit negotiations... from the other side. For two years, Belgian film-maker, Lode Desmet, has had exclusive access to the Brexit co ordinator of the European parliament, Guy Verhofstadt, and his close knit team. This revelatory fly-on-the-wall film captures the off-the-record conversations and arguments of the European negotiators as they devise their strategy for dealing with the British.

Episode one watches as the Europeans’ respect for a formidable negotiating opponent turns into frustration and incredulity as the British fail to present a united front. At moments funny and tragic, it ends with the debacle in December 2017 when Theresa May flies in to Brussels to finalise details of a deal and is publically humiliated by her coalition partner, Arlene Foster of the DUP, who refuses to support the deal.
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:44 am

Brexit.JPG

Lab.JPG

Cons.JPG

CUK.JPG
It's a shame so many people are going to vote for a pressure group rather than parties with fully rounded policies that cover wider and far more important issues. The frustration is understandable but tragically naive as to the consequences.
firlandsfarm

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:33 pm
It's a shame so many people are going to vote for a pressure group rather than parties with fully rounded policies that cover wider and far more important issues. The frustration is understandable but tragically naive as to the consequences.
If you are voting to show you want to be out of the EU then that will be your most important issue because it affects just about everything else and if we do leave the EU then all else in the UK EU Election manifestos will be irrelevant! :)
BetScalper

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:33 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:44 am

Brexit.JPG

Lab.JPG

Cons.JPG

CUK.JPG
Shaun,

Not a criticism but a question. Which party in the UK has fully rounded policies ?

I think that’s the main problem, none of them do which means many will be forced to vote for one extreme or the other.

Personally I think the Labour Party voted in the wrong brother. He was as centre as you could probably get but is probably glad he never won the internal leadership contest and by all accounts is doing great work outside of politics.

If he was to come back then I am sure many (including me) would vote him into Number 10 ASAP.

Problem many of us have where we live is the fact that the EU and now our own Parliament is basically not fit for purpose in the 21st century etc.
ShaunWhite

BetScalper wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:50 pm
Shaun,

Not a criticism but a question. Which party in the UK has fully rounded policies ?

I think that’s the main problem, none of them do which means many will be forced to vote for one extreme or the other.

Personally I think the Labour Party voted in the wrong brother. He was as centre as you could probably get but is probably glad he never won the internal leadership contest and by all accounts is doing great work outside of politics.

If he was to come back then I am sure many (including me) would vote him into Number 10 ASAP.

Problem many of us have where we live is the fact that the EU and now our own Parliament is basically not fit for purpose in the 21st century etc.
What I mean't by fully rounded was that they have policies that span economic affairs, education, defence, the welfare system, industrial policies etc...the whole 9 yards.. ie all the things that will need to be business as usual however we leave.....and lets face it for most people, being out won't change their life one bit. Even immigration will be the same or 'worse' as we'll just have people from far flung cultures rather than mostly from our cultural neighbours.

I agree with you about the wrong brother. I feel politically isolated for the first time in my 40 voting years (although a vote round here is always a vote wasted). I'd love a Labour party I could vote for again but out of my red, green and gold options I'll probably have to go 'green' not because they might win, but because the environment is the only real issue with life and death consequences and needs to be front and centre. Everything else seems futile.
BetScalper

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:04 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:50 pm
Shaun,

What I mean't by fully rounded was that they have policies that span economic affairs, education, defence, the welfare system, industrial policies etc...the whole 9 yards.. ie all the things that will need to be business as usual however we leave.....and lets face it for most people, being out won't change their life one bit. Even immigration will be the same or 'worse' as we'll just have people from far flung cultures rather than mostly from our cultural neighbours.

I agree with you about the wrong brother. I feel politically isolated for the first time in my 40 voting years (although a vote round here is always a vote wasted). I'd love a Labour party I could vote for again but out of my red, green and gold options I'll probably have to go 'green' not because they might win, but because the environment is the only real issue with life and death consequences and needs to be front and centre. Everything else seems futile.
Your not the only one who feels isolated Shaun. Many are and are being driven to political extremes. And lets face it, who could blame them.

DM has hinted that he is willing to come back into UK politics but the labour party would not want him in its current form.

He his living in upper New York and earning $360,000 per year doing what he loves and making a difference. Who the hell would want to give that up to come back to a political nightmare that his old party doesn't want.

For him to even hint at the fact that he would come back speaks volumes of the person. If i were him then I would stay where I was and live the rest of my life out knowing i was making a difference.

One thing is for sure, he wont come back while Corbyn, Thornberry, Cooper and Abbot are tugging the strings!!!

Return to “Political betting & arguing”