bet Trump

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Magnifico

Trump odds coming in. Wish I had gotten involved earlier. My brother had 2k matched at 5.5
Dallas

Magnifico wrote:Trump odds coming in. Wish I had gotten involved earlier. My brother had 2k matched at 5.5
Its abt time i got on a few days ago mid 4s so glad its finally moving :P
Black Ice

Hi Workpeter,
I have confidence u know what u r talking about..so i got in last night for Trump at 4.1..hope u r right! :)
ShaunWhite

Thanks for the Evan McMullin tip Peter.
In at 840, out at 640....every penny counts.

Trump isn't going to win, but i'm not confident Hillary will be next POTUS.

It might not last long but you can Back Hillary @ 1.39 and Lay Next President Gender= Female @1.38 atm. Seems good from any angle.
Crazyskier

ShaunWhite wrote:Thanks for the Evan McMullin tip Peter.
he's still shortening. 60s now...
ShaunWhite

Crazyskier wrote:
You had me worried then....i think you mean 600s.
Magnifico

Black Ice wrote:Hi Workpeter,
I have confidence u know what u r talking about..so i got in last night for Trump at 4.1..hope u r right! :)
I got in at 4.1 aswell. Tempted to let it run until the end.
ShaunWhite

Magnifico wrote:
Black Ice wrote:Hi Workpeter,
I got in at 4.1 aswell. Tempted to let it run until the end.
This market is simply too risky now. When Trump was double figures it was an easy decision...and sure enough he came right in to 2.7. Kerching.

I certainly won't be backing him at 4.1 (while all the news is in his favour) when he was as low as 2.7 (when the news was against him). He's not even in front in the Popular vote let alone the College vote and that would be the first sign he stood a chance.
workpeter

workpeter wrote:I wrote this thread predicting a big scandal was about to break and then the FBI news came out and the odds shot down just as i said. He will win, the polls are wrong.

She broke federal law and they didnt charge her due to lack of intent, however intent is not a requirement and so not a defence. This point was made very clear by the government oversight commitee.

The FBI director knew he screwed up and lost alot of respect.

if those new emails dont lead to charges then The FBI director will resign. Considering this was purely his choice its very unlikely he would take that risk unless he knows he has smoking gun. He needs to move fast on this but not be seen as influencing politics so i think more 'leaks' will come.
"The cascade of anonymous sources discussing the internal deliberations at the Federal Bureau of Investigation has been remarkable in the days following the decision by the agency’s director, James Comey, to reveal just 11 days before the presidential election"

So predictable... ;)

link: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/10/3 ... ntensifies
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Crazyskier

ShaunWhite wrote:
Crazyskier wrote:
You had me worried then....i think you mean 600s.
I think I missed a zero,sorry!
workpeter

Very interesting news, so FBI decide not to file charges a second time. Very surprising however the market’s reaction was not, Trump is back at 6.

So besides the fact the FBI director is finished (he'll be out within a month) , the damage is already done. Additionally the recent revelation she encouraged her Latino maid to handle classified material (another crime) will only further inflame her critics. This case has set many legal precedents and revealed justice is not blind. This will anger a lot of Americans.

Ironically this news will work against her because it’s all about turnout and her critics will be more passionate than her supporters. This news may even give her supporters a false sense of security, just look at the markets.

It’s a dead heat race and he is at 6. It’s a great value bet.
cybernet69

workpeter wrote:Very intersting news, so FBI decide not to file charges a second time. Very suprising however the markets reaction was not, Trump is back at 6.

So besides the fact the FBI director is finished (he'll be out within a month) , the damage is already done. Additionally the recent revealation she encouraged her latino maid to handle classified material (another crime) will only further inflame her critics. This case has set many legal precedents and revealed justice is not blind. This will anger a lot of americans.

Ironically this news will work against her because its all about turnout and her critics will be more passionate than her supporters. This news may even give her supporters a false sense of security, just look at the markets.

Its a dead heat race and he is at 6. Its a great value bet.
It's not a value bet. She has many paths to the WH, Trump only has one or two at best.

Basically it's a done deal, she will become the next president and the markets know it.
ShaunWhite

workpeter wrote:
It’s a dead heat race and he is at 6. It’s a great value bet.
It's a loooong way from being a dead heat. Trump's little ego trip is almost over.

I want to run a sweepstake on the time Hillary says..."Donald, you're fired"
marksmeets302

I want to run a sweepstake on the time Hillary says..."Donald, you're fired"
I don't think she will, she's much too smart for that. First thing on her agenda should be to reunite the parties, not cause anger against those that 'lost'.
LeTiss

ShaunWhite wrote: I want to run a sweepstake on the time Hillary says..."Donald, you're fired"
You're probably right, her advisors are probably salivating at the prospect of her delivering that line

I think it would be ill-judged. After such a toxic campaign, it would better to accept the result like a president, with good grace

Return to “Political betting & arguing”