bet Trump

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
to75ne

ShaunWhite wrote:
This is just another example of how representative democracy simply doesn't work
whats the alternative to a representative democracy?
ShaunWhite

If you Wiki 'Types of democracy' there's plenty there to take your pick from.

Personally I think a non-partisan democracy is worth a shot.....assuming we can't find the right person to run a nice little benevolent dictatorship.

Or let's simply scrap the Commons and put the Lords in charge; no desperate need to clinging on to their job, already landed so less interest in personal gain, a full understanding of our present time being a spec in history and a wide variety of experience outside of politics. I just think I'd prefer Alan Sugar and Floella Benjamin to Corbyn and Abbot. :?
to75ne

Corbyn and Abbot would not be my cup of tea but if thats how the electorate was to vote, then so be it , but some chancer like sugar are you serious?
ShaunWhite

I didn't have time to consider all of them and who would be best. It was just an observation that when you settle for 'so be it' you end up with Abbot and Costello, or Trump.
workpeter

I wrote this thread predicting a big scandal was about to break and then the FBI news came out and the odds shot down just as i said. He will win, the polls are wrong.

She broke federal law and they didnt charge her due to lack of intent, however intent is not a requirement and so not a defence. This point was made very clear by the government oversight commitee.

The FBI director knew he screwed up and lost alot of respect.

if those new emails dont lead to charges then The FBI director will resign. Considering this was purely his choice its very unlikely he would take that risk unless he knows he has smoking gun. He needs to move fast on this but not be seen as influencing politics so i think more 'leaks' will come.
Magnifico

Workpeter, you may be onto something. I am gonna go in hard on Trump. Thats where the value is.
ShaunWhite

We could be heading for Hillary to win the vote....but for her not to take up office.

What a strange world we live in when someone shifty is seen as a worse candidate for POTUS than a sex offender.
workpeter

Check out all the breakings news in the attached. Never seen anything like it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Magnifico

Last time the presidential election was won 3 times in a row by the same party was in 1929.
workpeter

I find it shocking that Hilary clinton was fed debate questions a day before debating Bernie Sanders, She has no integrity! Plus she was given all the super delegates. The poor bloke never had a chance.

Ironically, if Sanders won the nominee he would probably be doing a lot better than Hillary right now. Both Sanders and Trump want to fundamentally 'change the system' , however i think Sanders would of been the more legitimate choice.
Magnifico

Trump odds coming in. Wish I had gotten involved earlier. My brother had 2k matched at 5.5
Dallas

Magnifico wrote:Trump odds coming in. Wish I had gotten involved earlier. My brother had 2k matched at 5.5
Its abt time i got on a few days ago mid 4s so glad its finally moving :P
Black Ice

Hi Workpeter,
I have confidence u know what u r talking about..so i got in last night for Trump at 4.1..hope u r right! :)
ShaunWhite

Thanks for the Evan McMullin tip Peter.
In at 840, out at 640....every penny counts.

Trump isn't going to win, but i'm not confident Hillary will be next POTUS.

It might not last long but you can Back Hillary @ 1.39 and Lay Next President Gender= Female @1.38 atm. Seems good from any angle.
Crazyskier

ShaunWhite wrote:Thanks for the Evan McMullin tip Peter.
In at 840, out at 640....every penny counts.
he's still shortening. 60s now...

Return to “Political betting & arguing”