bet Trump

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
workpeter

I think he will win and the biased mainsteam media are keeping the odds nice and high. Great value for a straight back bet. Another Hillary scandal is about to break so i think now is the right time to jump in. At the very least i think there is room for a trading oppurtunity.
Trader Pat

Biased mainstream media?

You've obviously never watched Fox News :)
Zenyatta

Hi,

Don't waste your money on Trump, he has no chance of winning. He's 5-10% down in the popular vote - no politician in the history of the US has won from this position.

The big media conspiracy is a total myth. The far-left makes exactly the same complaints as the right, and uses exactly the same terminology ('The MSM is so right-wing, they're swinging the election, big conspiracy etc. etc). Ah, no.
ShaunWhite

He's got more chance of winning an Emmy.
Crazyskier

Zenyatta wrote:Hi,

Don't waste your money on Trump, he has no chance of winning. He's 5-10% down in the popular vote - no politician in the history of the US has won from this position.
Funny, I'm sure they said that about Cameron winning enough seats for the Tories to lead alone at the general election.

And I'm sure they said that about the UK leaving the European Union when the odds were 1/4 on staying...

I'd say Trump is a lot closer to a 50/50 than many realise... Areal coin-toss IMO.
workpeter

Crazyskier wrote:
Zenyatta wrote:Hi,

Funny, I'm sure they said that about Cameron winning enough seats for the Tories to lead alone at the general election.

And I'm sure they said that about the UK leaving the European Union when the odds were 1/4 on staying...

I'd say Trump is a lot closer to a 50/50 than many realise... Areal coin-toss IMO.

Its a value bet. The polls give them a 3% gap, yet she sits at 1.21 and he at 5.9.
Brexit was similar and look at how that turned out.
marksmeets302

Nah, brexit was too close to call given the error in the polls. With trump you can drive a truck through the difference.
workpeter

He was 6 , now odds are sitting closer to 4.
cybernet69

Well, it is a two horse race :lol: And we all know how many horses get beaten trading below 2.0 in 5f, 6f and 7f where there is no odds on favourite etc. :roll:

But I think Clinton will win only to end up being impeached for her naughty emails.

It seems the FBI have got it in for her.

Regardless, it matters not if she becomes president as she wont be able to pass any laws or legislation as the republicans seem hell bent on blocking her every move.

She will just end up becoming another lame duck president like the current occupier.
ShaunWhite

The FBI won't find anything new, she's already spend over 30 years under close scrutiny.

Hillary a lame duck?.....Trumps party aren't exactly right behind him, so it looks like 4 years of inaction either way.

This is just another example of how representative democracy simply doesn't work, especially when it's wheeled out so often. 4 or 5 year terms result in trivial tinkering rather than real change and long sighted plans. Take mobile phones, how much should GPO Mobile be making us from now to eternity?....instead we flog the licence for a few quid to buy some votes and then moan it's no good. Genius.
to75ne

ShaunWhite wrote:
This is just another example of how representative democracy simply doesn't work
whats the alternative to a representative democracy?
ShaunWhite

If you Wiki 'Types of democracy' there's plenty there to take your pick from.

Personally I think a non-partisan democracy is worth a shot.....assuming we can't find the right person to run a nice little benevolent dictatorship.

Or let's simply scrap the Commons and put the Lords in charge; no desperate need to clinging on to their job, already landed so less interest in personal gain, a full understanding of our present time being a spec in history and a wide variety of experience outside of politics. I just think I'd prefer Alan Sugar and Floella Benjamin to Corbyn and Abbot. :?
to75ne

Corbyn and Abbot would not be my cup of tea but if thats how the electorate was to vote, then so be it , but some chancer like sugar are you serious?
ShaunWhite

I didn't have time to consider all of them and who would be best. It was just an observation that when you settle for 'so be it' you end up with Abbot and Costello, or Trump.
workpeter

I wrote this thread predicting a big scandal was about to break and then the FBI news came out and the odds shot down just as i said. He will win, the polls are wrong.

She broke federal law and they didnt charge her due to lack of intent, however intent is not a requirement and so not a defence. This point was made very clear by the government oversight commitee.

The FBI director knew he screwed up and lost alot of respect.

if those new emails dont lead to charges then The FBI director will resign. Considering this was purely his choice its very unlikely he would take that risk unless he knows he has smoking gun. He needs to move fast on this but not be seen as influencing politics so i think more 'leaks' will come.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”