2015 UK General Election

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
tweebie1999

Cameron wont privatise the NHS. In fact he has a strong bond with the NHS which looked after his son Ivan.
Zenyatta

Wonder if it was Peter Webb?
LeTiss

:lol: He's gone underground

He didn't go underground when he won the Scottish bet - I saw his picture, he was very bullish

Typical gambler.....tells the world when he wins, tells nobody when he loses
marko236

I'l start the bids off for the rights to bet angel, £5 final offer :D
Archangel

tweebie1999 wrote:Cameron wont privatise the NHS. In fact he has a strong bond with the NHS which looked after his son Ivan.
Privatisation has already begun. Its just a matter of time before its an American style system
i dont believe the Tories have a mandate to do it either
Groovyelms

tweebie1999 wrote:Cameron wont privatise the NHS. In fact he has a strong bond with the NHS which looked after his son Ivan.
I agree on that Point too. My familly (quite clearly not as high profile as the pm) have had unbelievable help from nhs proffessionals all I can say is thankyou...
But I am convicned that its innate Inefficiency is the route cause of why it costs so much...

A retired doctor I know well still carries out locum work as a hospital doctor on a part time basis...
recently he was asked to travell about 200 miles to cover at a hospital for 2 days only...
At the end of the first day he finished his clinics and asked to see then list of patients for the next day. he was then told that there was no list... taking this up with someone further up the management chain.. He was told and I quote: we rang a set of patients earlier to say the at a clinic had become available and would they like to attend? He was then told that not one person had elected to accept the offer of the availble clinic... stupified he took this further, putting two and two together and reading between the lines that no one... had been been contacted by the hospital administration atall...no one..

lets do the maths one doctor 2 days work plus expenses and over night accomodation...
work done one days clinic only... he returned home that evening fuming.

multiply that scenario out across the whole of the UK (possibly reduced in size) and we are talking Colossal sums of money.
andyfuller

Groovyelms wrote:lets do the maths one doctor 2 days work plus expenses and over night accomodation...
work done one days clinic only... he returned home that evening fuming.

multiply that scenario out across the whole of the UK (possibly reduced in size) and we are talking Colossal sums of money.
I think if the public knew how much it was possible to be paid for locum shifts by the NHS they would be amazed and also at how common such shift are.

There are a lot of Doctors making a lot of money out of locum work.
Archangel

Farages resignation didnt last long. Looks like hes back already lol

Its a pity he didnt get elected. Would be a good addition to the commons. Hes entertaining if nothing else
jamertroy

Maybe he's meant for something else but he himself don't know what it is yet.
PeterLe

LinusP wrote:Nate Silver is on BBC1 at the moment (Panorama) talking about the election.
I dont think the 538 crew got this one right; just goes to show how hard this prediction process can really be!
Euler

Trying to model a logical conclusion to an emotive issues never works.
Archangel

It seems like they do polls for months on end and ask people how they will vote, and people dont tell the truth.
its not just a matter of undecided or margin of error, its a much wider margin

Return to “Political betting & arguing”