Adam Heathcote

The sport of kings.
Euler

I was lucky enough to be Adam's early tutor and it's always intrigued me why people were so sceptical of his achievements.

If you look at the current marketplace it's full of people who have never traded in the true professional sense, or to any scale. But there seems to be little interrogation of their claims. Which would be incredibly embarrassing for them! However, one of the best traders I ever knew in racing it always called into question.

Adam came into the game with a fresh approach and without any of the burden of people who had gambled or traded in the past. Not only that, he was a really nice bloke as well!

He was also one of the most natural traders and risk takers I have ever seen and he was around in the market when, despite much scepticism, the market was a lot less complex than it is now. I was surprised by the grief that Adam got and by all accounts he didn't enjoy it either.

I was also surprised by how people couldn't come to terms with what he was earning, as a lot of traders had earned that or more but never published. Adam's experience with trolls and the PC charge; means those people will probably never publish their achievements now.

People could have learnt a lot from Adam, but that ended when Betfair increased a new wave of PC in 2011 and Adam decided to stop trading actively and focus his interests on building a business which he had a passion for.

Like many astute and successful traders before him, Adam used the money to build something bigger and continues to do so. Good luck to him. I'd give him my time at the drop of a hat.

Some of the best trading stories haven't been made public yet, but there are some great stories out there. Some of worst don't get enough publicity either!
PeterLe

I did my betangel course in 2007 around the same time as Adam and had some correspondence with him for a period of time. He was always very helpful and took time to answer my questions (he must have had an inbox full of questions like mine, when I think about it!)

Just to echo what Peter said said about him being a nice person and very helpful and it was a very unfortunate that he received so much crap for being sucessful (a lot of jealousy out there)

I have this screen shot on my desktop which I though people may be interested in..which shows his achievements from the beginning..I had it as a stretch goal but Doubt Ill ever get to those lofty heights! :o
Regards
Peter
PS I think his blog is still around somewhere for anyone interested?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RonObvious

Just to be clear to everyone I wasn't calling Adam's P&L into question or his ability to earn as much as he said. I was just curious about the image I posted and why Betfair structure the P&L in that way. If i realised as Tandem pointed out that its just the way Betfair show a P&L when you choose 'from yesterday' I would have posted one of my own asking the same question.

I've actually just finished reading Adam's blog from start to finish and it was a great read. I am actually surprised he posted so much during 2009 as every second comment was a negative one so fair play to him for sticking it out.

Euler you say he was one of the most natural risk takers you've seen does that mean he would take more risk than other traders?
And you say it was less complex back then so were the markets more 'predictable' than they are now would you say?

Ron
Euler

I appreciate that you were not claiming him to be false, but I thought I'd clarify anyhow. Many people have stuck the knife into Adam, especially since he stopped but it's a classic case of being +ve or -ve. People who got to know Adam learnt from him, those that stuck the knife it don't realise what a fantastic opportunity they missed!

On that note, here is what happened when I pull up somebody for incorrectly claiming Adam was a fake and using that to pour some doubt on me: -

http://www.betangel.com/blog_wp/2015/11 ... ensorship/
convoysur-2

that place your taking about peter is a laugh ,,really it is,,they say beat the bookie,(my arse)you can bearly go to a new page on the forum without pop up bookies banners in your face,
and they make the tiny trading part of the forum so hard to get to and navagate,
i got some good stuff there from a trader,
but they are ,in my opinion a asshole outfit,working on bookie commissions.
Marc
mcfc1981

Did Adam trade any other sports other then horse racing?
do we know what bank he was using when hitting 2k per day?
Rufus

I've read all of Adam's blog from start to finish before as well, it is indeed a great insight to the wealth of possibilities. Good on him, and in the future with his fitness / travel business. :-)
LeTiss

I don't condone the shit Adam received, especially people questioning his integrity. However, unless you're trying to flog a BF related product like Peter, why would anyone want to post their results online anyway?
Euler

I think it's interesting that the current crop of 'experts' can't actually do that or shy away from it significantly. I can see who is real or not simply through what they say but it seems people can't see that and take what they are given at face value. Won't help the market longer term.
LeTiss

Euler wrote:I think it's interesting that the current crop of 'experts' can't actually do that or shy away from it significantly. I can see who is real or not simply through what they say but it seems people can't see that and take what they are given at face value. Won't help the market longer term.
I think PC has produced an insular mentality amongst traders Peter - people try to hold their cards closer to their chest now. Especially, with many looking for ways to play the system so they can keep PC down! We know how BF have devious ploys of trying to link accounts, so why would anyone tell the world what they are making, it just invites intrusion from BF's gestapo
Euler

I post less because of that, especially when Betfair pulled me up on something, but quite a few people out there are holding up their opposition to PC as a marketing message despite the fact I know they don't pay it. That's fraud in my book.

But I don't know what you can do about it. Nobody seems particularly sympathetic if you get ripped off in sports markets.
Euler

BTW, It's Adam's Birthday today by coincidence.
spreadbetting

Euler wrote:I post less because of that, especially when Betfair pulled me up on something, but quite a few people out there are holding up their opposition to PC as a marketing message despite the fact I know they don't pay it. That's fraud in my book.

But I don't know what you can do about it. Nobody seems particularly sympathetic if you get ripped off in sports markets.
Why not out them if you know for a fact they don't pay, Euler, surely by allowing people to be scammed you're just as complicit?

I still find it strange all these so called experts still don't pay PC2 despite touting their wares as pro's for the 15 years or so Betfair has been around. That's only £18K or so a year and once you find your feet racking a few K each week isn't as hard as it seems. The old 'I used to arb so had a losing BF account' is usually a fav excuse. Anyone who's tried to arb against bookies to negate PC2 will have their own view on the amounts needed to churn yourself out of that :?
Euler

Why not out them if you know for a fact they don't pay, Euler, surely by allowing people to be scammed you're just as complicit?
Usually the response comes back, he is just trying to sell you something. So it's a stronger message if an actual customer of service uncovers the horrible truth and exposes it. Much more likley to send a message to others.
spreadbetting

The problem is trading isn't like some tipster service where results are easily verified. I'm sure any scammer worth his salt can persuade a newby it's his fault for missing the signals and string him out for a few more courses.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”