Adam Heathcote

The sport of kings.
Euler

I post less because of that, especially when Betfair pulled me up on something, but quite a few people out there are holding up their opposition to PC as a marketing message despite the fact I know they don't pay it. That's fraud in my book.

But I don't know what you can do about it. Nobody seems particularly sympathetic if you get ripped off in sports markets.
Euler

BTW, It's Adam's Birthday today by coincidence.
spreadbetting

Euler wrote:I post less because of that, especially when Betfair pulled me up on something, but quite a few people out there are holding up their opposition to PC as a marketing message despite the fact I know they don't pay it. That's fraud in my book.

But I don't know what you can do about it. Nobody seems particularly sympathetic if you get ripped off in sports markets.
Why not out them if you know for a fact they don't pay, Euler, surely by allowing people to be scammed you're just as complicit?

I still find it strange all these so called experts still don't pay PC2 despite touting their wares as pro's for the 15 years or so Betfair has been around. That's only £18K or so a year and once you find your feet racking a few K each week isn't as hard as it seems. The old 'I used to arb so had a losing BF account' is usually a fav excuse. Anyone who's tried to arb against bookies to negate PC2 will have their own view on the amounts needed to churn yourself out of that :?
Euler

Why not out them if you know for a fact they don't pay, Euler, surely by allowing people to be scammed you're just as complicit?
Usually the response comes back, he is just trying to sell you something. So it's a stronger message if an actual customer of service uncovers the horrible truth and exposes it. Much more likley to send a message to others.
spreadbetting

The problem is trading isn't like some tipster service where results are easily verified. I'm sure any scammer worth his salt can persuade a newby it's his fault for missing the signals and string him out for a few more courses.
Mr Undercover

Euler wrote:BTW, It's Adam's Birthday today by coincidence.
Happy Birthday Adam, whereever you are! I rather suspect he's reading this and chuckling to himself but who can blame him and many others for going to ground.

PC is the corn laws all over, someone clever at betfair and a knowledge of economics & free enterprise will one day run the numbers and prove interally they are much better off if they reduce PC below 40% perhaps sweet spot is probably in range of 25-30% but presently we all have to suffer hyper taxation - greed and envy policy.
andyfuller

Mr Undercover wrote:
Euler wrote:BTW, It's Adam's Birthday today by coincidence.
Happy Birthday Adam, whereever you are!
Here is his company's website - I suspect he wasn't spending his birthday reading this thread, more likely in Bali according to his bio.
ijamieson

Adams blog is a great inspiring read and I often wonder about his style and risk management? Seemed to always get big wins over £100 with the odd big loss.

You can actually calculate his turnover and return from a post he put up. Very small return on turnover. But he put through A LOT of money.

It surprises me he never seemed to trade weekends or evenings so could of made a whole lot more.
Emmson

His blog has now gone for whatever reason :( but I did find his Entry & Exit point posts on the WayBack Machine .
ShaunWhite

Emmson wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:52 pm
His blog has now gone for whatever reason :( but I did find his Entry & Exit point posts on the WayBack Machine .
Have you got a link? I can't find it.
lhackett

https://sportstradinglife.com/2011/05/b ... heathcote/

There's Adam and a few other people profiled on here - I dont know how accurate the articles are, but makes interesting reading.
Emmson

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 2:19 am
Emmson wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:52 pm
Have you got a link? I can't find it.
https://web.archive.org/web/20170620055 ... 2795037103

https://web.archive.org/web/20170620031 ... 7223639850
Euler

lhackett wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:56 am
https://sportstradinglife.com/2011/05/b ... heathcote/

There's Adam and a few other people profiled on here - I dont know how accurate the articles are, but makes interesting reading.
Sites like this tend to make a story out of something that isn't there and drive a bit of traffic using keywords so bear that in mind.

I taught Adam and he was just a very good trader, that's all. There was no mystery about what happened to him either, Betfair slapped on a 60% charge, so he followed his long-term passion for creating a business centred around well being & travel.

Really nice chap and an excellent trader. Adam got loads of stick for being successful and probably felt it was time to park that bit of his life to make sure it doesn't detract from his current business.
xitian

Peter, when you say you taught Adam was that just a case of him going to one of your classes, and that was it? Or did you give him more in depth personal mentoring?

Do you feel that Adam would have been equally as successful at trading if he did not have the lessons just because he is naturally talented, or would he have said that your teaching was crucial for getting him where he got? Or perhaps it was just a case of accelerating his journey rather than changing the resulting destination?

I was surprised that Adam didn't move more into automation because he had the computer science background. He could potentially be earning a lot more than he did back then, but also have the freedom of time to work on other things.
Emmson

Interesting how Adam places importance on Book % while Euler does not.

https://www.betangel.com/blog_wp/2011/10/13/book/
From a trading perspective the book% doesn’t hold much value for me as it is a re-active measure.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”