Faster Pics Anyone?

The sport of kings.
Trader6121

Black Ladder wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:23 pm
Live Streaming is a misnomer. iGamble in-play using a SIS satellite feed and place my bets using BA in-play trader interface. Being able to race read is a very important part of this stratergy.
I get where your coming from but I only have online streams available to me as I dont have sky or virgin. ATR is 15 seconds behind online and Racing TV is 9 seconds behind my interests are pre race trading not in play any suggestions BF live stream is good but only shows the last 4 minutes before the race to at least watch the stream 7-8 minutes before the start with at worse the same delay as the tv feeds through sky
Trader6121

I only have online streams available to me as I dont have sky or virgin. ATR is 15 seconds behind online and Racing TV is 9 seconds behind my interests are pre race trading not in play any suggestions BF live stream is good but only shows the last 4 minutes before the race to at least watch the stream 7-8 minutes before the start with at worse the same delay as the tv feeds through sky
I've posted this already but I'm eager for any help that can be offered
johnsheppard

ShaunWhite wrote: It's going to be a decade before a purely technological solution can outperform someone with a lifeime of experience watching horses and horseracing.
I would think there is probably room for both. I'm still much a novice, but it seems to me for example the experienced campers still advocate trading manually even though I would suspect automated strategies are highly efficient.

In the context of this thread, I would think it foolish to rely on a strategy that depends on transmission latency advantages. The only way one will maintain that edge is....being on the forefront of a gradually declining gap...and there's always someone with more money and better computers than the little guy...it would follow you'd want to be prepared to go big...

It's mildly amusing to contemplate how one would go about implementing the lowest latency/fastest automated technology on the planet...if its not gpses on saddleclothes, it'd probably have to be horse facial recognition :)
ShaunWhite

LinusP wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:56 pm
Automated strategies / accounts make far more than manual players.
Indeed they do. Good automation or good race reading makes money, but the guy was talking about gaining an edge on via gps and I believe it has too many issues to assist either. Certainly in it's raw state I can't see a 2D co-ordinate representing a tiny dot somewhere on the planet would help your normal punter in a 3D world where fences move from week to week. So you'd need to buy your feed with added value, then there's no edge because everyone has it. What everyone doesn't have are great analytical skills or great race reading, so they will dominate for quite some time. Just imo.
spreadbetting

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:55 am
then there's no edge because everyone has it.
The majority of people have a computer with excel installed. The smallest of edges can make you a large amount of money used the right way and you don't need to be a computer genius as many of us on here have proven. I know you like to be a contrarian, for whatever reasons , Shaun, but just because you can't see how to exploit extra or faster data doesn't mean other's can't.
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:00 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
I know you like to be a contrarian, for whatever reasons , Shaun, but just because you can't see how to exploit extra or faster data doesn't mean other's can't.
I don't like to be a contrarian, I'm just drawn that way :)

I can see how to exploit extra or faster data, I spend every waking hour of my life just doing that, and I've spent over a year full time developing a system to gain a clear advantage over people using off-the-shelf software. So I get it. But what I'm saying (and it related to gps data only) is that there's only going to be a tiny tiny handful who can get anything useful out of raw gps data, if at all. It sounds easy but it's not when you get into the detail.
sa7med

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:21 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:00 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
I know you like to be a contrarian, for whatever reasons , Shaun, but just because you can't see how to exploit extra or faster data doesn't mean other's can't.
I don't like to be a contrarian, I'm just drawn that way :)

I can see how to exploit extra or faster data, I spend every waking hour of my life just doing that, and I've spent over a year full time developing a system to gain a clear advantage over people using off-the-shelf software. So I get it. But what I'm saying (and it related to gps data only) is that there's only going to be a tiny tiny handful who can get anything useful out of raw gps data, if at all. It sounds easy but it's not when you get into the detail.
So you're the one beating me to all those prices! Been having a lot of trouble with that lately. Everytime my bot spots something its taken before it can even place a bet. So running things through API will be faster than Bet Angel?
spreadbetting

ShaunWhite wrote:

I can see how to exploit extra or faster data, I spend every waking hour of my life just doing that, and I've spent over a year full time developing a system to gain a clear advantage over people using off-the-shelf software. So I get it.
So you get it but the people discussing it on the forum don't?
ShaunWhite wrote:
But what I'm saying (and it related to gps data only) is that there's only going to be a tiny tiny handful who can get anything useful out of raw gps data, if at all. It sounds easy but it's not when you get into the detail.
What's to say they won't be one of those "tiny tiny handful". I'm not sure that tiny handful is as tiny as you think, many simple edges still exist on the exchanges and still baffles me why. I rationalise it by the fact no one is trying to retire from the next race and they'll always be scraps leftover either from people going for bigger fish, people hitting their own betting bot limits or people simply don't want to bend down and pick up the loose change.
ruthlessimon

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:54 pm
many simple edges still exist on the exchanges and still baffles me why. or people simply don't want to bend down and pick up the loose change.
Let's say a manual trader can make £15k a yr - but can't automate it. Yea, he's got an edge, but he won't be able to live. Hence leaves it for someone else
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:54 pm
What's to say they won't be one of those "tiny tiny handful". I'm not sure that tiny handful is as tiny as you think, many simple edges still exist on the exchanges and still baffles me why.
Again, I wasn't refering to the game in general, just the very specific topic of raw gps data and it's usefulness to anyone who hasn't got a degree which included Cartesian geometry, cartography and a hint of fluid dynamics. I wasn't suggesting that people here don't know how to find and exploit an edge using the data already available, which may in the future include some prepackaged 2nd hand tracking info. I say 2nd hand because someone somewhere will be adding that value to the raw data, so it's odds on they'll be getting the first look at it.
ShaunWhite

sa7med wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:27 pm
So you're the one beating me to all those prices! Been having a lot of trouble with that lately. Everytime my bot spots something its taken before it can even place a bet.

So running things through API will be faster than Bet Angel?
1.No comment.

2. BA is a great piece of software and suprisingly rapid, it's more than fast enough for the large majority of situations. But there's no doubt that a piece of software that's written to perform one very specific task will always beat something that's trying to be all things to all men, when performing that one specific task. The initial reason for writing my own software was because I felt Guardian was missing some key features and wasn't suitable for what I wanted to do, the speed was a happy accident and probably just down to the fact that it does nothing else rather than by design.
Black Ladder

I thought this topic was about Faster Pics. Not how to open in the kneeling position and close in a heap. Drifted somewhat ...
Black Ladder

Black Ladder wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:23 pm
Live Streaming is a misnomer. iGamble in-play using a SIS satellite feed and place my bets using BA in-play trader interface. Being able to race read is a very important part of this stratergy.
May I further add that anybody considering SIS IPTV should avoid this medium, for time being. The imagery is excellent, BUT latency and delay is extremely poor. And the big internet providers will add their delays to discourage you from viewing it due to the copyrights attached, and that's through a VPN.
wooley

hi
i would be interested in faster pics for uk and irish horse racing that are ahead of the blv and racing tv pics , thanks
Derek27

I think we all would wooley. I haven't been following this thread but the fact that it's now run into nine pages from the original request, gone off-topic, and nobody has posted the holy grail that we all want suggests it either doesn't exist or nobody knows of it.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”