Faster Pics Anyone?

The sport of kings.
Barnobee

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:07 pm
Don't assume that having faster pictures will give you a magical edge - there are players out there who do perfectly well working with BF live video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrAk7ydPcmo&t=14s

That is part 1 of a 3 part interview with an in running punter who works from home.

Hint: He has watched thousands of races and has a good knowledge of jockey styles / horses / race reading.

Obviously you need to have an idea of how the race may be run, but you can also get a lot of information about the market based on how much money has been matched / on the ladders.

NB: Moderators - hope it's okay to post that video here?

Iambic
Hi thanks for the comment, great video too.

I dont assume the faster pictures provide a 'magical edge'. A faster picture is definitely and edge, 0.5 seconds can be the difference between laying at 4.0 or 16.0

I have been successfully laying horse in running for some time, I can work with the delay on RUK HD, but for the way I play ATR via (BF) is too far behind for me to trade. This is the reason I am seeking a faster picture.
Barnobee

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:01 pm
What part of the race are you playing in? The start, middle or the end?
Mainly the middle, but I can find opportunities in the latter stages, but this more volatile and risky on slower pics
invisiblelayer

Guessing pictures are more likely to get slower under Sky just look how heavily delayed the football is for example, they have no need and desire to quicken them up. They certainly had the ability to as they did when you could watch via the red button, that was a few years ago now. Best thing for the inplay punters is to hope all the tracks go to racing uk, makes it workable then for those not betting the last furlong and brings the liquidity back.
Barnobee

I really appreciate you getting back to me.
The Irish racing is coming to RUK in January so thats a big bonus, Its just a shame that Sky will have a big chunk of races that I wont be willing to trade if this ATR delay continues.

Thanks for your time.

Rich
BetScalper

Slightly different angle but yesterday I overheard a conversation around someone being paid a rather large sum of money to basically hesitate on suspending a football match after a goal was scored.

I presume the person in question was employed by BF on minimal salary.

Interesting though as I imagine in certain parts of the world it would be financially very viable on BF in-play markets.
PeterLe

Fast pictures alone are not the route to easy money.
Look at this race from Monday, it traded at 600 and won. So someone must have thought either it had no chance or another horse was a certain win.
The point Im trying to make is that you could easily lose a lot too, if you're not careful and have access to fast pics)
Ive watched traders using fast pics and there is still a fair amount of skill required.

(Enjoyed watching that interview with Matt Mantle - thanks for posting)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Barnobee

PeterLe wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:21 pm
Look at this race from Monday, it traded at 600 and won. So someone must have thought either it had no chance or another horse was a certain win.
The point Im trying to make is that you could easily lose a lot too, if you're not careful and have access to fast pics)
Ive watched traders using fast pics and there is still a fair amount of skill required.

I appreciate your feedback but I have every confidence in my trading ability in play, what I cant do is trade ATR via BF as the delay is too much, hence the reason I am asking for a faster picture feed.

People back at 1.01 and lose and lay at 1000 and lose, this does not concern me for my trading.

Here is a fact, the closer my picture is to Live the more efficient I am, the further behind I am the less efficient I become. This is as simple as it is and why I asked for faster pics.
invisiblelayer

Barnobee wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:52 pm
PeterLe wrote:

I appreciate your feedback but I have every confidence in my trading ability in play, what I cant do is trade ATR via BF as the delay is too much, hence the reason I am asking for a faster picture feed.

People back at 1.01 and lose and lay at 1000 and lose, this does not concern me for my trading.

Here is a fact, the closer my picture is to Live the more efficient I am, the further behind I am the less efficient I become. This is as simple as it is and why I asked for faster pics.
There used to be faster feeds but no longer in the loop so no idea what the score is now, if you had the right satellite equipment and a motorised dish then feeds was available that was quicker than atr, some was free to air and didn't need biss keys. This was a few years ago now so probably all changed, also some had quicker feeds and would charge around £150 a day to view via teamviewer probably well worth it if you play in running but I don't and never used but it was happening a couple of years ago. If I was you I'd go to an all weather track and ask one of the lads when setting up if was serious about faster pics, go organise a seat for a day might find out more info on feeds but track the best place I'd imagine to get info, if these feeds was still available some would be using them away from the track, seemed like a closed loop society when I knew about teamviewer feeds so best asking them at the tracks and probably keep the info to yourself if get anything positive!
Barnobee

invisiblelayer wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:34 pm
Barnobee wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:52 pm
PeterLe wrote:

There used to be faster feeds but no longer in the loop so no idea what the score is now, if you had the right satellite equipment and a motorised dish then feeds was available that was quicker than atr, some was free to air and didn't need biss keys. This was a few years ago now so probably all changed, also some had quicker feeds and would charge around £150 a day to view via teamviewer probably well worth it if you play in running but I don't and never used but it was happening a couple of years ago. If I was you I'd go to an all weather track and ask one of the lads when setting up if was serious about faster pics, go organise a seat for a day might find out more info on feeds but track the best place I'd imagine to get info, if these feeds was still available some would be using them away from the track, seemed like a closed loop society when I knew about teamviewer feeds so best asking them at the tracks and probably keep the info to yourself if get anything positive!
Thanks for your feedback, I get what you are saying and I should imagine penetrating these loops would be rather difficult.

The people on track are possibly there because they cant get a faster feed.

I will have to dig a little deeper, my original question was to make sure that im not missing a trick, but it seems that if your not at the track your best bet is BF video.

If anyone can prove me wrong i would be very grateful ;)
steeler

Are the pictures in bookmakers shops ahead of ATR/RUK. ? Do they take the SIS feed. ? Has anyone timed the difference ? Thanks
ShaunWhite

steeler wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:48 pm
Are the pictures in bookmakers shops ahead of ATR/RUK. ? Do they take the SIS feed. ? Has anyone timed the difference ? Thanks
Are you thinking about setting up your pc in the bookies? ;)
Derek27

Not suggesting this applies to anyone on this thread, but I reckon many traders are overly focused on getting faster pictures rather than improving their in-play skills. Faster pictures can in some cases be like buying an expensive pair of running shoes that will help you run 100m in 14.9 seconds, as opposed to 15.0!
invisiblelayer

The SiS feed was ahead years ago not anymore, the golden ticket for inplay horses was holiday inn hotel on Wolves racecourse again that was years ago. People on about feeds now should really go to the track and speak to the lads there, not hard is it to rock up when setting up? This forum seems mostly for pre race trading so it doesn't matter, normal racing uk pics are fine so wrong place to ask as not really required.
ANGELS15

I tend to frequent bookies a lot not to bet but to watch the in-running trades I've set up unfold. My observations are that currently the SIS pictures in the bookies are about 2 or 3seconds or so out. Betfair mobile which I sometimes use is about 7 - 12 seconds out and ATR about the same.
mobius

Don't get too excited on this one "The BBC says it has worked out how to eliminate "streaming lag", which causes live TV to be delayed by several seconds when watched online."
Full story @ https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45499784
B.U.T .............
"However, its software is not ready to be rolled out to the public yet."

"This time next year Rodney" (Del Boy).
;)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”