Faster Pics Anyone?

The sport of kings.
ShaunWhite

steeler wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:48 pm
Are the pictures in bookmakers shops ahead of ATR/RUK. ? Do they take the SIS feed. ? Has anyone timed the difference ? Thanks
Are you thinking about setting up your pc in the bookies? ;)
Derek27

Not suggesting this applies to anyone on this thread, but I reckon many traders are overly focused on getting faster pictures rather than improving their in-play skills. Faster pictures can in some cases be like buying an expensive pair of running shoes that will help you run 100m in 14.9 seconds, as opposed to 15.0!
invisiblelayer

The SiS feed was ahead years ago not anymore, the golden ticket for inplay horses was holiday inn hotel on Wolves racecourse again that was years ago. People on about feeds now should really go to the track and speak to the lads there, not hard is it to rock up when setting up? This forum seems mostly for pre race trading so it doesn't matter, normal racing uk pics are fine so wrong place to ask as not really required.
ANGELS15

I tend to frequent bookies a lot not to bet but to watch the in-running trades I've set up unfold. My observations are that currently the SIS pictures in the bookies are about 2 or 3seconds or so out. Betfair mobile which I sometimes use is about 7 - 12 seconds out and ATR about the same.
mobius

Don't get too excited on this one "The BBC says it has worked out how to eliminate "streaming lag", which causes live TV to be delayed by several seconds when watched online."
Full story @ https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45499784
B.U.T .............
"However, its software is not ready to be rolled out to the public yet."

"This time next year Rodney" (Del Boy).
;)
Derek27

I think they're just referring to sending video over the internet as fast as broadcasted TV, it won't eliminate the data compression delay of broadcast TV.
mickey007

Hello, annyone know were we can get faster pics? I read that someone said you have to pay £150 and then you get faster pics via Teamviewer? Annyone have more information on it ?
Trader6121

HorseRacer wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:30 pm
Well I'm a little further on now in my "investigations".

I sampled the latency of the pics that are on offer via streaming just over a week ago and this weekend I started using the service. Pics are for ATR meetings, there doesn't seem to be anything for All Weather.

Certainly the fastest pics I've seen, so I'm not sure how these compare to the feeds I often hear people referring to on forums but they're ahead of BF so I guess that's an improvement.

Too early to say how much benefit this will provide but I'll see how it goes these next few weeks and reassess. :D
Could you PM the details by any chance I'd really appreciate it :D
Black Ladder

Live Streaming is a misnomer. iGamble in-play using a SIS satellite feed and place my bets using BA in-play trader interface. Being able to race read is a very important part of this stratergy.
napshnap

Black Ladder wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:23 pm
Live Streaming is a misnomer. iGamble in-play using a SIS satellite feed and place my bets using BA in-play trader interface. Being able to race read is a very important part of this stratergy.
I didn't know Apple has their own trading soft :D
ShaunWhite

Black Ladder wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:23 pm
Live Streaming is a misnomer.
It's not a misnomer.
'Live' refers to the source of the stream being live as opposed to it being pre-recorded. Most people know that "Live" broadcasts don't have the ability to defy the laws of physics so don't interpret the phrase that way.

I bought Jimi Hendrix, Live at Woodstock the other day. It was very disappointing when I found out that it wasn't.
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnsheppard

ShaunWhite wrote: I'd only trade in-play if I could get an accelerometer into the saddle cloths and automatically trade on course...and even then only if I could get the Racetech lorry to insert a bit more delay for the rest of the world. :idea:
One presumes that people go to the extent to do this? that is, get transmitters installed in the intestines of horses communicating with a central command unit with dedicated bot plugged straight into the betfair servers via event horizon packet transmitters?

Like what you guys think would be the leading edge people are working on? I would guess its something stupid like the above...

In Australian racing in NSW, they got an application that works from transmitters on the horse, shows where the horse went during race, etc...can't remember what they called it...its for reviewing after the races are over tho...interesting to watch if you'd be into inplay gambling...
ShaunWhite

johnsheppard wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:58 pm
ShaunWhite wrote: I'd only trade in-play if I could get an accelerometer into the saddle cloths and automatically trade on course...and even then only if I could get the Racetech lorry to insert a bit more delay for the rest of the world. :idea:
One presumes that people go to the extent to do this? that is, get transmitters installed in the intestines of horses communicating with a central command unit with dedicated bot plugged straight into the betfair servers via event horizon packet transmitters?

Like what you guys think would be the leading edge people are working on? I would guess its something stupid like the above...
Saddlecloth GPS has already been trialed but has far too many complications from a practical perspective to be useful to punters.

https://view.joomag.com/igaming-busines ... 13?page=21
That's from 3 years ago and it's proved to be little more than a gimmick.

It's going to be a decade before a purely technological solution can outperform someone with a lifeime of experience watching horses and horseracing.
LinusP

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:27 pm
johnsheppard wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:58 pm

Saddlecloth GPS has already been trialed but has far too many complications from a practical perspective to be useful to punters.

https://view.joomag.com/igaming-busines ... 13?page=21
That's from 3 years ago and it's proved to be little more than a gimmick.

It's going to be a decade before a purely technological solution can outperform someone with a lifeime of experience watching horses and horseracing.
Automated strategies / accounts make far more than manual players.
Trader6121

98lewisj wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:34 pm
If anyone wants fast pics/info inbox me.
I'm interested

Return to “Trading Horse racing”