PRE-RACE RITUALS??

The sport of kings.
Ginger8585

Guys/Girls,

Out of interest what are everyone's pre-race rituals?? If you have any that is...
I've noticed that as the day goes on I get complacememt and will make a mistake. No longer catastrophic but an unecesary mistake none the less.
I've already started to put rules etc around my desk to remind me to stick to my edge,. And I eat an hour before followed by a coffee...
However, I feel like I need something I do before each race to reset my focus! Be it a phrase or an action... maybe a rhyme... a slap round the head!! what ever it is I feel it could be beneficial

Would be great to hear if anyone has their rituals, no matter how embarrassing!!

Thanks
Derek27

My pre-trade ritual is pretty boring. I get out of bed, get dressed, boot my computers, wash my face, make coffee, feed the cat, light up a fag, and I'm trading. :D
welshboy06

Ive recently started to move away from racing as it seems to me for a more advanced level than I'm at. But before i begin trading i make sure I've done all my household work. Make sure my desk is clear, ive had my cuppa and listened to some music. Then turn on do not disturb mode on my phone and off i go!
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:52 pm
My pre-trade ritual is pretty boring. I get out of bed, get dressed, boot my computers, wash my face, make coffee, feed the cat, light up a fag, and I'm trading. :D
Blimey you're fancy, 'get dressed' indeed. :roll: I have a continental breakfast (aka nicotine and caffeine) at about 12 while watching the Daily Politics, just to get the blood pumping, then down to business.
Ginger8585

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:59 am
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:52 pm
Blimey you're fancy, 'get dressed' indeed. :roll: I have a continental breakfast (aka nicotine and caffeine) at about 12 while watching the Daily Politics, just to get the blood pumping, then down to business.
Ha! That’s why I had to rent an office... my personal hygiene was compromised...
Ginger8585

My pre-day set up will involve food, exercise, chores etc... but I what I mean is are there any rituals you do before each and every race to reset your focus for the race in hand... I’m thinking to maybe walk around the office for 30 secs... or do 10 push ups... do a complex sum... maybe repeat a mantra
Derek27

If only I could get up early enough, I'd do my housework and daily jog in the morning - maybe that would get rid of any tension and assist my trading. :idea:
BlackHat Betting

I get up... go for a walk and the eat... turn the computers on and then start...
ajdal

I have no ritual either... but I only target certain races and I make sure I take a break and get away from the screens during those gaps... I noticed early on I found in too easy to 'see' opportunities in races I had computed as high risk if the ladder appears before me.

Unless of course someone states that a dodgy starter is a dead cert in a claimer later that day.. then I can have a relaxing fun bet :)
arbitrage16

Breathing exercises can be very useful
trader44

coffee shop every morning for me .usually read some type of book on trading/discipline etc as i have to remind myself every single day of this then trade :D
Black Ice

I watch daily politics while i have lunch...then take my Jack Russell for a walk which means i miss the first few races in winter..but woudn't have it any other way..i love her to bits..she sits on my lap while trading. :) But i also only target certain races..& think a short walk in the gaps can be beneficial.
Crazyskier

Not a ritual as such but on weekdays I get showered, shaved and dressed and turn on the PC while boiling the kettle for a coffee. Once warmed up I log in to the automation and set my favourite (and only long-term consistently winning) bot on and add the races I wish it to trade. I then check my work laptop and look at my day's appointments and emails etc, before leaving the house and seeing clients for most of the day.

On return I count the greens / reds (the bot always greens / reds before the off) and check the logs for any abnormalities or particularly good / bad trades. On Saturdays and most Sundays I often manually trade a few minutes out though this has far more inconsistent results than when I let the bot do it's thing, resulting in lots of small greens and occasional HUGE reds that I berate myself over for the rest of the day! I know I'm poor at manually 'reading' the market and generally rely on the bot to do it's thing.

CS

Return to “Trading Horse racing”