PRE-RACE RITUALS??

The sport of kings.
trader44

coffee shop every morning for me .usually read some type of book on trading/discipline etc as i have to remind myself every single day of this then trade :D
Black Ice

I watch daily politics while i have lunch...then take my Jack Russell for a walk which means i miss the first few races in winter..but woudn't have it any other way..i love her to bits..she sits on my lap while trading. :) But i also only target certain races..& think a short walk in the gaps can be beneficial.
Crazyskier

Not a ritual as such but on weekdays I get showered, shaved and dressed and turn on the PC while boiling the kettle for a coffee. Once warmed up I log in to the automation and set my favourite (and only long-term consistently winning) bot on and add the races I wish it to trade. I then check my work laptop and look at my day's appointments and emails etc, before leaving the house and seeing clients for most of the day.

On return I count the greens / reds (the bot always greens / reds before the off) and check the logs for any abnormalities or particularly good / bad trades. On Saturdays and most Sundays I often manually trade a few minutes out though this has far more inconsistent results than when I let the bot do it's thing, resulting in lots of small greens and occasional HUGE reds that I berate myself over for the rest of the day! I know I'm poor at manually 'reading' the market and generally rely on the bot to do it's thing.

CS

Return to “Trading Horse racing”