Backing the first horse in-play at 2.0!!!!!

The sport of kings.
mhorro

Does anyone use this strategy I would be interested in people's view or a different alternative backing first to 1.71.

I have started loading in-play Horse Betfair historical data into my own database and querying in-play prices over a month.

Some interesting results.

If you are laying first to 1.71 you need to be spot on identifying the races to lay. The frequency does not happen that much.

Let me know if I am talking crap!!!!!

I am 50 so age is probably catching up with me!!!!!!

:o
mhorro

Need to add 2 horses or more matching 1.71 in-play!!!!!!!!!!!
Dallas

mhorro wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:41 pm
Need to add 2 horses or more matching 1.71 in-play!!!!!!!!!!!
It looks like your thinking of laying, more specifically the strategy of laying the field

If you can lay 2 or more runners below 2.0 (or 3 or more below 3.0 etc) then you will secure a profit
Derek27

Is it really necessary to use so many exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!
ShaunWhite

Find the numbers in the data and actually obtaining those prices are two very different things.

Fairly simple things like this, in publicly available data will be well known and what little money there is is available on a strictly first come first served basis.
mhorro

I was awake at 4.00am this morning this is what you do when you are retired at 50 years old too much time on your hands plus I am driving my wife mad who wants me back in business again ( 20 years had enough!!!!! ).

I love statistics and modelling with databases I graduated with a computer science degree many years ago when it meant something.

I have a relational database I loaded 30 days data from Betfair and tried to see any patterns with laying in-play.

I am so desperate to model this.

I did manage to make a handsome profit today.

PS: Signals with odds attached would be great!!!!!

Thanks,

Mark
LinusP

mhorro wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:29 pm
I was awake at 4.00am this morning this is what you do when you are retired at 50 years old too much time on your hands plus I am driving my wife mad who wants me back in business again ( 20 years had enough!!!!! ).

I love statistics and modelling with databases I graduated with a computer science degree many years ago when it meant something.

I have a relational database I loaded 30 days data from Betfair and tried to see any patterns with laying in-play.

I am so desperate to model this.

I did manage to make a handsome profit today.

PS: Signals with odds attached would be great!!!!!

Thanks,

Mark
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=13157

Return to “Trading Horse racing”