£4,000 AINTREE VENDOR TRADING CHALLENGE

The sport of kings.
spreadbetting

https://promos.betfair.com/promotion?pr ... EVENDORTIP

Seems Betfair are following Betdaqs lead to the trading challenge they did recently. The only bit I don't particulary like is the fact they'll be publishing a leaderboard on the forum so you can track your standing, not sure I'm happy with my username name being stuck up online doesn't seem the most secure way of letting people track their progress.
Derek27

Available to customers in all countries EXCEPT half the counties in the world. :lol:

The winner of this promotion will be deemed the account that trades the most individual races at the Aintree Festival for a profit, after commission, and has otherwise complied with the terms and conditions of this promotion.

Surely the amount won should count?

I would expect a number of people will make a profit on each race.

I don't want my username to appear on a leaderboard either, although I suspect it will be too far down the list for anyone to notice.
Naffman

Yeah I reckon someone will be going round trying everyone's password but I guess after the BD challenge wasn't this something people suggested?

Can't believe BF give a crap about traders - too little too late

I also see it is only the winner that wins the £4k so we've all got pretty much no chance against the likes of Peter etc.
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:35 am
I also see it is only the winner that wins the £4k so we've all got pretty much no chance against the likes of Peter etc.
According to the BF link that I quoted above, the prize goes to whoever has the most profitable markets, presumably split between a hundred people. If not it's quite poor wording.
Naffman

Your Profit/Loss will be totalled across all markets for each individual race. A minimum of 2 bets must be matched across each race for it to qualify (Placing a bet and cashing out for a profit will qualify)

Also says that so I guess it will run like the BD comp.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We've asked betfair about the leaderboard. They are not going to publish the usernames; they are going to publish the number of races profited on and the number of accounts that fit within that number.
The idea being that if you know you have been profitable on 5 races in the day, you can have a look at how many accounts have been profitable on 6 races.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Further clarification:

The total amount of profit from the races doesn't matter. It's the number of profitable races that you have from the 21 races that is important. So the maximum score is 21 out of 21. If two accounts happen to have 21 profitable races at the end of the challenge then they'll get an equal share of the prize.

If you win on a place market and lose on the win-only market, then the total profit/loss for the race is calculated and that determines if you were profitable for the race.
Euler

Could be quite a few 21 out of 21 winners I suspect.
Naffman

Euler wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:10 pm
Yes - be interesting as to how many just look for one quick scalp just to try and win it :lol:
Dallas

Naffman wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:27 pm
Euler wrote:
Yes - be interesting as to how many just look for one quick scalp just to try and win it :lol:
There are far easier ways than that,

we should perhaps run a poll on the thread and vote how many people we think are likely to share it?
Naffman

Dallas wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:36 pm
Naffman wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:27 pm
Euler wrote:
There are far easier ways than that,

we should perhaps run a poll on the thread and vote how many people we think are likely to share it?
Tbf I can't see many entering; if it wasn't for this post I'd have had no idea and can't find it anywhere on the Exchange site or even on the promotions page!!

You'd have thought it would've splashed everywhere 2 days before (on the exchange site at least)
spreadbetting

Naffman wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Tbf I can't see many entering; if it wasn't for this post I'd have had no idea and can't find it anywhere on the Exchange site or even on the promotions page!!

You'd have thought it would've splashed everywhere 2 days before (on the exchange site at least)
I should have kept it to myself and might have been a contender :(
Derek27

It does leave a bit of a dilemma - do you trade extra safe at Aintree and throw away potential profit just to give yourself a chance to share £4K?
Crazyskier

I feel it would be fairly simple to produce a few pennies profit on each race over the 3 days, continuing on each until a minimum green (nett) of 2p+ is earned, but even if it's only 100 that share the £4k pot, that's only £40 each and I'm quite sure that more than 100 players will achieve this, assuming they are aware of it?

It's therefore hardly worth the time to do this?

CS
weemac

I regularly win pennies in several consecutive races in order just to access Betfair live video, so if I can do it, then hundreds can do it too. On the plus side, you'll make about £2.50 an hour plus a few pence a race.

That makes for a cracking Aintree, imo!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”