2%
2%
No votes
No votes
More
No votes

Total votes: 41
Derek27

It's not just a question of whether you can trade more effectively and make more money, but whether it makes your job easier, which could indirectly result in better trading.
Korattt

Halliday wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:39 pm
Korattt wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:56 pm
Thebest147 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:57 pm
I don't think it is the tools that counts,more to do with the guy who is using them,
true but I would need at least three, to be honest I’m a little disappointed there wasn’t more votes
Tend to agree with the previous poster,thats its more to do with the ability and mindset of the person trading rather than his equipment etc.

Has having 4 screens made you a better and more profitable trader,or did you feel you had to have them to make you "feel" like a trader? Have you recouped any of the outlay on them? couldnt you do equally as well with one screen? why do you need three?

Didnt you once say youd rented office space for trading? did that improve your profitability? You still seem to be having a bit of a roller coaster ride from your posts.

There are so many that desperately want to succeed,and getting all the "trappings" that a trader is percieved to have (multiple screens,office,even contributing pearls of wisdom to this forum etc ),often deludes them into thinking they are successful etc.

Keep it simple and enjoy !!
office was a disaster for various reasons, I need at least three screens, on for ladders, one for advanced charting, (which for me is essential with the BA software) & one for BF live feeds
Greco

One monitor with a back up laptop is more than enough for me but different strokes for different folks.
Euler

spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:38 pm
Trading is such a simple notion that most people can grasp the mechanics and with percentages being so tight it's very easy to believe you've almost cracked it and there's just a small piece of the jigsaw missing between you and the winners. People always want shortcuts to success and if they're led to believe having the most monitors, VPS , best software, most ebooks, more data/rules in their strategy etc will get them there quicker they'll buy into it.
I'd say that's one of the most perceptive posts I've seen in some time.

Newbies tend to way overspend before they realise that it's just like any other job, in that it requires hard work and effort to do well.
StellaBot

A good tradesman wont blame his tools
1 screen. A larger one or another 1 helpful but not necessary

edit
I dont "trade" that often but if I was full time. I prob would at least need 3 or 4
at least
Euler

Some of it will depend on what you are trying to do.

I often have both Betfair and Betdaq up and various other things so need quite a few screens.
iambic_pentameter

I'm not ashamed to say that I still use one laptop - no extra monitors or anything - suits me perfectly for the time being.

Besides, the most important hardware that I need to invest in, is the bit between my ears.

Nothing worse than having all the gear but no idea.

Iambic
Kalumpus

7 screens but tend to use 6 most of the time.
bennyboy351

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:01 am
I'm not ashamed to say that I still use one laptop - no extra monitors or anything - suits me perfectly for the time being.

Besides, the most important hardware that I need to invest in, is the bit between my ears.

Nothing worse than having all the gear but no idea.

Iambic
LOL Like the MK1 Eyeball, sometimes the MK1 brain is all it takes...... :-)
dragontrades

one 90% of the time but use a second if I am looking at another event at the same time as the racing

Return to “Trading Horse racing”