Horse Dutching Does It work?

The sport of kings.
mhorro

Started looking into this with different Book %.

If you Dutch to a high book i.e. 80% you make little money and 1 loss wipes out the profit.

Do people make money with dutching would love to know success rates people have.
jimibt

i know it works for certain race types/courses and field sizes and also know of a few individuals on this forum that have good success dutching. however, given that they will have a small edge that would easily be lost, i'd imagine you'd have to discover the nuances yourself of selections and staking through reviewing stats and good old trial and error. i recall PW mentioning on a blog entry that it was one of his mainstays, tho not sure if that was to purely generate chrurn for PC or not.

it may be worthwhile thinking in reverse and looking at 2-3 runners that look to be medium odds losers and laying those at the off (or setting a signal to lay them once the odds have dropped by xx% etc). I also know a few dutch with a view to greening for a small profit IR.

you may also want to think about the football markets (especially over the next 4 weeks) as there will be opportunities to dutch the correct score markets and even the overall competition (i.e. dutch germany, france, spain type thing). this is potentially a better set of markets to dutch, rather than horses (see viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11454).

so many ways to skin that bleedin' cat!!
Korattt

mhorro wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:34 am

Do people make money with dutching would love to know success rates people have.
I used to follow a horse racing tipster who had a reasonable success rate with dutching, didn’t know what he based his selections on, not even sure if he’s still around
spreadbetting

mhorro wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:34 am

If you Dutch to a high book i.e. 80% you make little money and 1 loss wipes out the profit.

Dutching isn't some magic bullet, it still depends on how good your selections are as to whether you'll win, or not, long term.
Derek27

Dutching will only work if you are, overall, backing value selections, so you have a better chance of winning that the odds you get. Mindlessly backing the first few in the betting just hoping one of them will win is more or less guaranteed to lose long term.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”