Can trading pay?

The sport of kings.
ronniejotten

ShaunWhite
I did a few bookmaker offers on the world cup. I backed England for £25 @ 15 which can now be layed at 12. The offer is i get my money back as a free bet when we get knocked out. I also have Brazil at 5 and Germany at 6, both of them gave free bets for each win and although they have both drifted there is a good chance they will meet in the next round and the winners price will drop enough for me to make a small profit. As for the dobbing, i have been looking at short priced horses that are held up in races where most of the other runners like to lead.
ShaunWhite

ronniejotten wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:39 am
ShaunWhite
I did a few bookmaker offers on the world cup. I backed England for £25 @ 15 which can now be layed at 12. The offer is i get my money back as a free bet when we get knocked out. I also have Brazil at 5 and Germany at 6, both of them gave free bets for each win and although they have both drifted there is a good chance they will meet in the next round and the winners price will drop enough for me to make a small profit. As for the dobbing, i have been looking at short priced horses that are held up in races where most of the other runners like to lead.
Or all 3 will be out and you've done all that work for nothing? ok on free bet but normally a small loss is better than losing the lot.

Do you know your horses? If not then remember that a known hold-up horse might not drift very far. Not my thing though, form etc doesn't interest me so I don't get involved.
ronniejotten

I have made a profit on the world cup and i still have the possibility of more free bets for each Brazil win and any goals Neymar scores. My horse theory is people will back early leaders and that will push out the price of others, especially those who are at the back of the field. Another thing i look for is short priced horses that have stamina doubts or haven't run for a long time.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”