Increasing Stakes Question

The sport of kings.
ShaunWhite

BTW my advice such as it is should be taken with an extremely large pinch of salt. Every bot I've tried to develop seems to turn into a machine for shredding pound notes rather than printing them.
Black Ice

ShaunWhite wrote: Every bot I've tried to develop seems to turn into a machine for shredding pound notes rather than printing them.

+1. I'm rapidly coming to conclusion that if you are an ordinary bloke & not a super techie that bots are a waste of time & will cost you money. Even big servers in tennis can win all their games on serve....but you will still end up with a red even after first set. They sound great...but are mostly a pipe dream!
ShaunWhite

Black Ice wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:58 pm
ShaunWhite wrote: Every bot I've tried to develop seems to turn into a machine for shredding pound notes rather than printing them.

+1. I'm rapidly coming to conclusion that if you are an ordinary bloke & not a super techie that bots are a waste of time & will cost you money. Even big servers in tennis can win all their games on serve....but you will still end up with a red even after first set. They sound great...but are mostly a pipe dream!
Don't get me wrong black ice, bots aren't that difficult to program. Very doable for a regular Joe and they're defiantly not just a pipe dream. Lots of people have successful bots and some people do nothing else.

I didn't actually expect my bots to make money, I made them to try and understand something and it was worth spending a few quid to do it. My comment was lighthearted not a real gripe.

You just need to have a methodical approach and be prepared to put in the hours working on it. A bot just executes a strategy, it's the strategy that takes work just like any other strategy you might want to execute.

Obviously it's not going to be easy, or we'd all just have an ATMbot making tenners 24/7. But something as straightforward as 'difficulty' should never be an obstacle. If something's difficult it's no big deal, it just means it'll take a few more weeks, months or years than something that's easy. Who wants easy anyway? if we wanted easy we'd all just go and flip burgers.

Bots are great, bots make money, and if they don't then I'm afraid it's the operators fault and not the general concept of a bot. That's the brutal truth about all types of trading as it goes. The buck stops on our desks.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”