in play graphics

The sport of kings.
stever78

Hello traders,
does anyone know of a site that shows graphics of a horse race in-play in the respect of how far the runners have raced and how long left to go in the race.
sort of like an aerial shot of the whole course and a line to show the runners progression in the race.
i feel that would be very useful in play without intensely listening to the commentator on remaining furlongs, fences, etc.
obviously i am watching on liveBF but this added graphic would be nice
i have tried the main bookies but they are not very good and skybet is 10seconds behind live.

Also, still to this day betfair live showing attheraces covered races are still 2-3 seconds behind when betangel states a race is "inplay".
does anyone know of any live pics that are quicker than BetFair "Live" video.

very grateful for any info provided.
iambic_pentameter

Within Bet Angel Professional is In Play Trader and there is a video about that here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EAW4PSfOhc&t=753s

If you have done some formbook analysis and have reasonable race reading skills, the In Play Trader tool will probably help you more than 'faster' pictures.

Iambic
wearthefoxhat

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:17 pm
Within Bet Angel Professional is In Play Trader and there is a video about that here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EAW4PSfOhc&t=753s

If you have done some formbook analysis and have reasonable race reading skills, the In Play Trader tool will probably help you more than 'faster' pictures.

Iambic
Definitely worth a look.

I'd originally used the IP trader without any the use of pictures/commentary, and learned a great deal about how the race developed and the tactics used by connections. (surprising how they varied).

As my understanding grows, I now use the Betfair live pictures to confirm what's happened, 5 seconds ago, and make a decision based on what I see on the IP Trader software.

One thing of interest is how often a market leader starts poorly and can get quickly back in contention and win a race or run well. (My old instinct would have been to have laid the horse)

Peter Webb posted a video on how to look for one coming out of the pack. If your pre-study knows a horse has this tendency, a neat B2L could quickly be made.
JTEDL

The IP trader can be a lot of fun and educational to watch! It's a great bit of kit. As said watch Peter's video about changing the settings and what it can do.
stever78

thanks for replies,
the IP trader is a good tool, didnt really got on with it when i first used it, but ill give it another go.
in respect of fast pics, opinion is BF live is still fastest we can get?
Dallas

stever78 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:16 am
thanks for replies,
the IP trader is a good tool, didnt really got on with it when i first used it, but ill give it another go.
in respect of fast pics, opinion is BF live is still fastest we can get?
Without paying out £1000 for a SiS feed which is only going to be a second or two at most ahead of Betfair but you'll still be behind those trading on course so it's not really worth it - hence the decline of trading shops which started springing up all over the place a few years ago

So yes Betfair is as fast as you will get for free (well for placing a £2 bet)
timevoyager

I remember reading several years ago of the possibility of "sensors" being placed in saddles which monitored a horse's position in the field in-running (a sort of GPS system, I suppose). I don't know if the technology was ever developed, but I'd imagine if it was, then it would likely be very expensive.
Dallas

timevoyager wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:26 am
I remember reading several years ago of the possibility of "sensors" being placed in saddles which monitored a horse's position in the field in-running (a sort of GPS system, I suppose). I don't know if the technology was ever developed, but I'd imagine if it was, then it would likely be very expensive.
It is still ongoing and I expect sometime in the next few years it will be readily available for all meetings and at little to no cost
http://www.totalperformancedata.com/data/
iambic_pentameter

Mildly amusing story about the In Play Trader which I'm sure other people can relate to:

When I first started using Bet Angel and discovered the In Play Trader tool, I genuinely thought I'd stumbled across the secret to untold riches. I cringe now but I really did think that if I just backed the horse just before it crossed the winning line, I'd make money on every race.

I should point out that at this stage, I hadn't any awareness of running styles nor did i realise there was a difference between hurdles and chases!

Fortunately, what I DID learn was that it wasn't going to make me money on every race and took the decision to actually read up about racing and learn about how it all works.

And that's why I am supremely confident that Bob Champion aboard Kauto Star will win the Grand National this afternoon at York.

Iambic
MemphisFlash

you sure it's not Shergar!!!!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”