Racing UK to show a large amount of Irish racing online only?

The sport of kings.
PDC

If anyone doesn't have RTV you can get a free 1 month trial via their website:

https://www.racingtv.com/racingtvoffers/freetrial?

Terms and conditions apply:
Free trial period only available to new and reinstating Racing TV customers who join from 10am on Friday, December 28, 2018 until 23:59pm on Thursday, January 31, 2019.

Offer is not available on Virgin Media, Vodafone TV or Eir Vision.

Free trial period duration is from the time of sign up for one month. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and is limited to one per household. There is no monetary alternative.
PDC

Hopefully now the busy New Years Day is out of the way we will see a vast improvement in the coverage on RTV as I thought yesterday's was an utter mess, at least 1 race was missed entirely, starts missed, joining races well over half way through, results not announced for ages, no indication of races about to start, presenters mixing up which course was being shown on the TV, on course pundits laughing at the fact they were expected to talk about their next race then cut short only moments later when they had to cut to another race starting.

The coverage received a lot of criticism online yesterday, deservedly imo, and especially in Ireland where their fears of playing second fiddle to UK racing was confirmed.

Hopefully things improve vastly going forward, the online RTV Extra is not the solution imo.
PDC wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:51 pm
Euler wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:48 pm
I'm looking to monitor SP to see how that changes as it 'feels' different today.
Can you let us know what you find, even if it is nothing. Not sure why the SP would have changed?
What did you find Peter and any theories? I can't say I noticed anything but that was just from watching it rather than analysing data.
PDC

Euler wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:42 pm
Naffman wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:04 pm
Thought Sky Sports Racing was meant to be HD?

Still looks terrible
I'm getting all channels in HD today
If you are with Virgin or live in Ireland I understand it is still in SD and not HD.
Naffman

I'm with Sky, a mate of mine asked them and said you need HD for all channels not just the Sports HD package, bit of a joke really why didn't they just say that to start with
PDC

The new slow mo finish replay on the AW tracks is very good on SSR.
Long Term

In the long term I am not sure it will benefit racing having Irish and the top UK tracks on one channel.

If more trading is taking place at the "top tracks" than those covered on ATR/SKYSports Racing then from a practical point of view it will make trading harder.

However I would say that you should really be aware of which races you want to trade ahead of the start of racing, and not be flitting between every race.

There will of course be last minute opportunities on certain races, but these should be the exception and not the bulk of your trades.

I think we need to be more selective rather than reactionary, these timings and change to picture providers may naturally make us more selective, which is a good thing imo.
PDC

John Francombe has been excellent on Get In tonight, some great stories, sense of humour and has an opinion, they should have him on ATR a lot more.

RUK coverage is very stiff and boring in comparison imo.
PDC

Eddie O'Leary: Ireland is being treated like a second-rate citizen on Racing TV

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/ ... -tv/367112
Euler

I don't think it's been great. I've been using Racing UK extra a fair bit to keep an eye on things. But obviously that carries a delay.
PDC

It is has been pretty dire when they are busy. Saturday was a shambles with regards to the bumper, why they showed an interview with the winning jockey rather than showing a replay of the race or even just the finish was some crazy producing.

I don't get why they are so adverse to using the split screen. Most people these days I would think are watching on such big TV's that even a split screen isn't the worse viewing experience and sure as hell beats not seeing large parts and sometimes all of the race at all.

The argument for using the online platform instead by RTV is a poor one considering a large part of the subscriber base does not get access to it as part of their subscription, add in the fact a lot of people may not have the ability to access it.

It is all a bit of a mess and unless they make some fundamental changes it isn't going to improve anytime soon.

HRI should be ashamed of going after the short term cash given the damage they have/are doing to the Irish industry.
PDC

Pretty scathing article in the Irish Examiner:

PAT KEANE: Racing TV decision has turned out to be a disastrous mistake

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingn ... 06539.html

Return to “Trading Horse racing”