Sites for weather focused on horse racing?

The sport of kings.
Euler

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:58 pm
Euler wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:56 pm
I do my own weather forecast
Seriously? There's no need these days for pine cones and tapping the barometer, the weather forecast is on internet now and I'd guess it's more accurate than your forecast.
You can get access to most complex weather forecasting systems now and they allow you to look a bit further ahead and interpret the data in your own way. So if you have a sport that reliant in one way or another on the weather you can get minute by minute updates or look a couple of weeks out at what the models are predicting and the certainty of that.
invisiblelayer

Last edited by invisiblelayer on Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:29 pm
You can get access to most complex weather forecasting systems now and they allow you to look a bit further ahead and interpret the data in your own way. So if you have a sport that reliant in one way or another on the weather you can get minute by minute updates or look a couple of weeks out at what the models are predicting and the certainty of that.
Do you want to share a link for that?
PDC

Euler wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:29 pm
I read from that that you use the weather forecasts into the future to trade and want your own models to aid that. However, I can't think of any sports that you trade where that would be an advantage.

The main sports I can think of that are affected by the weather are cricket, tennis, football and horse racing.

You have said you don't trade cricket, so that narrows it down to three, but I struggle to see how long range forecasting for these 3 sports is of benefit.

Horse racing the markets don't go up until the night before bar the few antepost markets. By which time future forecasts have become irrelevant. The on the day forecast can be of use but I would be surprised if the time and effort in creating your own forecasts is worth the reward and it is going to be of fairly niche use given that most of your trading doesn't involve weather from what I have gathered.

Tennis I can see the on the day forecast being of use as it can affect the game, but again long range forecasts I don't see an advantage in producing.

Football, I can see how the weather may effect the playing surface being of slight use but other than that I don't see the edge.

So I must be missing something pretty major as you must be putting in a fair amount of time and effort and making a worthwhile return from producing your own forecasts rather than just using the pretty accurate off the shelf forecasts you can get in 2019. And even with these forecasts in hand, outside of cricket, I don't see much practical use :?
CallumPerry

I use my own version of this very advanced weather modelling system...
Rock.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

CallumPerry wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:37 pm

Rock.jpg
:lol:
I've got to get one of those in my garden
ruthlessimon

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:48 pm
CallumPerry wrote:

Rock.jpg
:lol:
I've got to get one of those in my garden
:D

Get rid of lightshot Cal!!
ruthlessimon

CallumPerry wrote:

Rock.jpg
That's actually pretty novel :)
wearthefoxhat

brimson25 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:25 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:19 pm
No need to use the internet for weather prediction. Have used this for many many years....(Predicted the Beast from the East)

weather.PNG
What's it going to be like in my village at 2.30pm tomorrow? Cheers.

There you go...covers all the angles....
predict.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brimson25

cheers. (Currently, cold and grim, and that's just inside the house).

Return to “Trading Horse racing”