Sites for weather focused on horse racing?

The sport of kings.
arbitrage16

I'm currently looking at forecasts and going to bbc weather for each different racing location and not really knowing if that means a possible cancellation or not.

Is there a site that gives a guide as to potential cancellations for the following day's meetings?
Dallas

Twitter is usually best, courses will tweet out if/when they're doing inspections and then the results etc
arbitrage16

Thanks, but is that usually on the morning of? Looking for a forecast in order that I can plan ahead somewhat
Dallas

arbitrage16 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:44 pm
Thanks, but is that usually on the morning of? Looking for a forecast in order that I can plan ahead somewhat
No, I've seen tweets sometimes days ahead of the meeting that there planning on inspections closer to the time and/or it's been abandoned already
Euler

I do my own weather forecast, so will often tweet ahead of any inclement weather. But there are a lot of long term forecasting sites around now.
ShaunWhite

I'd do what Dallas does. A forecast doesn't necessarily tell you how individual courses would be affected, the same rain across the country would likely close Raisen as it's in a dip, but Brighton would be on because it's up on a chalk hill. Frost is also very location dependant.
Euler wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:56 pm
I do my own weather forecast
Seriously? There's no need these days for pine cones and tapping the barometer, the weather forecast is on internet now and I'd guess it's more accurate than your forecast.
ShaunWhite

Farmers Weekly usually has a decent long range forecast. Or the Met Office.
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:58 pm
Seriously?
Mandatory garden accessory :geek:

ShaunWhite

ruthlessimon wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:11 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:58 pm
Seriously?
Mandatory garden accessory :geek:
:) You'll need that, the latest news is that we're out of the new European Space Agency weather satellite program.
I didn't see that on the ballot paper....No worries though, £350m a week buys a lot of pine cones and we've always got Pete's forecast.
brimson25

Oh Christ.

Abandon thread! Abandon thread!

Strong likelihood that it could all turn a bit demented.

I thought that a thread with (what I assume to be) mostly UK guys could talk safely about weather without turning bad....
ShaunWhite

brimson25 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:06 pm
Oh Christ.

Abandon thread! Abandon thread!

Strong likelihood that it could all turn a bit demented.

I thought that a thread with (what I assume to be) mostly UK guys could talk safely about weather without turning bad....
What's turned bad?
You got some good answers and then we've just had a bit of 'banter' about it. Was there much more to discuss before class was dismissed?
(unless your joking)
brimson25

I was! (Didn't want to tempt the Brexit orgres out)

FWIW, our opinions on Brexit are probably very similar from what I've read.

My own approach includes bulk-buying soup, candles and baseball bats. I accept that's probably niche.... :D
wearthefoxhat

No need to use the internet for weather prediction. Have used this for many many years....(Predicted the Beast from the East)

weather.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

brimson25 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:50 pm
My own approach includes bulk-buying soup, candles and baseball bats. I accept that's probably niche.... :D
:) TFFT I thought you'd had a sense of humour failure....but it turns out I had !

mmmm Brexit seems to have turned into a battle between those that just want it done fast, and those that want it done properly. I suspect the same debate goes on in bedrooms up and down the country.
brimson25

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:19 pm
No need to use the internet for weather prediction. Have used this for many many years....(Predicted the Beast from the East)

weather.PNG
What's it going to be like in my village at 2.30pm tomorrow? Cheers.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”