Ongoing issues with Betfair live stream for RacingUK

The sport of kings.
arbitrage16

As I'm sure some of you have noticed, the betfair live feed for RacingUK tracks has, since the switch over to RUK on 1st Jan, been unusable for a number of users, and pretty average for many of the rest.

The curious thing is that for some users it doesn't seem to be a problem, and for others it is unworkable, and a pattern isn't really evident for why that is. Doesn't seem to be location or ISP dependent, pretty random.

Mixed messages coming out of Betfair, with customer services being as vague as possible; the latest being a shift towards suggesting it's a 'supplier issue.'

Fingers crossed they get it sorted, because besides this the switch over to RUK has been a positive one with in play liquidity seemingly improved on the exchange.
Euler

I've been following the comments on twitter, seems quite a shambles. I've been using Racing TV website and the extra service recently, but that seems fine.
Group1Buff

Somewhat related, Australian racing on BLV has also suffered since the switch. The AU streams are also coming from RUK (which is surprising because I was under the understanding that they don't cover non UK/IRE races) and latency has increased 3-4 seconds than before the change when the AU feeds were coming from ATR via Sportmediastreams.
PDC

You must be getting different BFLV streams to us in the UK for the Oz racing as they aren't in the UK coming from either SSR or RTV and are as fast as they have always been seemingly.
Group1Buff

We don't get the BLV Aus racing feeds here due to licensing issues with SKY Aus and can only be accessed via UK VPN so is the same stream that UK users are getting.

All I know is that BLV used to be 1 second ahead of our local SKY vision but is now around 2.5 seconds behind since the switch. The SKY Aus latency remains unchanged.

The 'raw' feed is coming from an address that contains rukgtp_ch81, have confirmed with a UK based friend that it's the same feed they are receiving. It used to be from sportsmediastream which is an ATR product.

Edit - This is the address that Morphettville was coming from yesterday - cp54946.live.edgefcs.net/live/rukgtp_ch81@398950
PDC

My BFLV for Aus today is having no issues and is as fast as ever, showing races starting at the same time or just ahead of Betfair turning markets inplay.

Maybe you are having an issue with your VPN?

How are you finding the source address of your stream?

Return to “Trading Horse racing”