Equine flu outbreak - All UK meetings cancelled

The sport of kings.
invisiblelayer

spreadbetting

Arghhhh nightmare, was a toss up of a beery night round a mates house too and caught he train home e :oops:
Dallas

invisiblelayer wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:23 pm
Racing cancelled for tomorrow

https://www.britishhorseracing.com/pres ... enza-cases/
That does sound serious and from reading the full page I get the impression there could be more to follow in order to contain it
invisiblelayer

Yes doesn't look good at all, looks like they're linking to Donald McCain as he had runners both meetings without saying so. One outsider pulled up and the other beaten out of sight 4/1. Was Irish runners at the meeting so potential to be big.
Dallas

Surely they must need to backtrack and look at all the runners there has from Mcain's or whoever's yard it was found at for the last several days at least?
invisiblelayer

So late at night to announce it also? Pretty serious this horses getting it that are vaccinated
PDC

This could be devastating for the sport. I hope it is not but I can't possibly see there being racing for the foreseeable.

This is a write up of the 2007 outbreak in NSW Australia, let's hope it doesn't turn into anything close to this:

https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/animals-and- ... i-outbreak
invisiblelayer

Just read an article on it and it's more depressing when you see how highly contagious it is so can spread easily via humans too. They would of contacted all yards at the meetings wouldn't they? As they all don't just come off the horsebox to go straight to the racecourse, stabled first then boxes before parade ring
PDC

Yes they will have contacted all yards, the industry as a whole will be put on alert and not just the racing part but the breeding as well and the wider horse population.

Horses train in large strings often mixing with horses from other yards, staff associate with staff from other yards be it stable staff, farriers, vets etc and horses going to the races from different yards can share the same transport lorry so the potential for spread is extremely high, also who knows how long they have been carrying the disease and the fact it is in horses that have been vaccinated is extremely worrying as that would indicate that the vacine is not effective against this strain of the disease.

It is seemingly fairly obvious where the current 3 affect horses have come from as there was only one trainer with runners at both jumps meetings today and the BHA have said the yard with the cases had runners at both meetings.

Let's just hope and pray that it has been caught extremely early and contained and it doesn't turn into anything like what was seen in Australia, I believe they lost 4 months of racing.

Fingers crossed!
invisiblelayer

Definitely fingers crossed they have caught on and no other cases , incubation period 1 to 5 days so can't see much happening for a week surely.
Derek27

Fuck!!!

Really hope this doesn't last long. Putting aside the effect it will have on traders I hate to see horses suffering.
wearthefoxhat

PDC wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:24 am
This could be devastating for the sport. I hope it is not but I can't possibly see there being racing for the foreseeable.

This is a write up of the 2007 outbreak in NSW Australia, let's hope it doesn't turn into anything close to this:

https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/animals-and- ... i-outbreak

"Eradicated within 6 months, ahead of schedule."

Will depend on how many other cases are uncovered, the NSW was an outbreak so had a bigger impact.

graph.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

BetScalper

Let’s hope that doesn’t last weeks or even months. :(
BetScalper

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:06 am
Fuck!!!

Really hope this doesn't last long. Putting aside the effect it will have on traders I hate to see horses suffering.
+ 1

Return to “Trading Horse racing”