Breaking the cycle

The sport of kings.
Knights

deleted.
Last edited by Knights on Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrianDee

> seems to happen more on maidens and novice races, but then happens occasionally on handicaps

I ain't no angel but the above would seem to define the issue.
From your account, I am guessing your strategy is based on market share, possibly dutching?
Peter Webb (aka Mr Bet Angel) has said in many YouTubes about each market (type) needing a different strategy.
If you're expecting the 3 types mentioned to work the same as others like say NHF, well, they won't.
Maidens can be quite random, handicaps often have ringers.
Novices can follow the market but you can't count on it!
All this IMHO and my 2c worth of course!

-BD-
Knights

BrianDee wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:06 am
> seems to happen more on maidens and novice races, but then happens occasionally on handicaps

I ain't no angel but the above would seem to define the issue.
From your account, I am guessing your strategy is based on market share, possibly dutching?
Peter Webb (aka Mr Bet Angel) has said in many YouTubes about each market (type) needing a different strategy.
If you're expecting the 3 types mentioned to work the same as others like say NHF, well, they won't.
Maidens can be quite random, handicaps often have ringers.
Novices can follow the market but you can't count on it!
All this IMHO and my 2c worth of course!

-BD-
Thanks Brian.

I trade order flow as I see it and know when to trade. However, just feels like something is holding me back. Perhaps I'll record my trades over these next few weeks and review them in further detail. I've checked my trade history, but can't see anything abnormal about the losses. We all have losses but don't know why they're holding my profits back. As mentioned I will have to sit down and look deeper.

Just wondering if anyone else had a simular experience and can share what they focused/looked into further to finally break it. I can be in profit by the end of the day, but it isn't by much. Sometimes as mentioned I break Evan, or at worst have a very small negative P&L. But seems I'm going round circles at the moment until i overcome this cycle.
stueytrader

Breaking even seems to me often to be a hidden problem in trading.

Everyone knows the dangers of being a 'losing trader' but not many seem to discuss a related problem of being a 'break-even' trader.

I've found some incredibly frustrating runs where I simply broke even - though it may not deplete the bank, it does deplete time, effort, remaining energy, motivation etc etc.....

Its also more frustrating when you realise that you are actually winning in trading, but commission/charges are making you only break even in your pocket!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”