Reinstated Non Runner (or a data glitch)

The sport of kings.
Wolf1877

The 12:35 at Navan on Saturday was originally a 7 runner race and there was a non-runner Alligator Alley so ended up being a 6 runner race. Nothing unusual there. However ....

.... on the Betfair data I captured from Bet Angel excel it looks like this race dropped down to 5 runners with Megans Beau (an eventual runner) going AWOL off the runner list between 11:32:15 and 11:56:10. No trades on Megans Beau in this period and LTP was 65 so other runners odds not significantly affected.

Anybody else notice this?
Has anyone else got the data to confim?

Main issue for me was it caused my processing (that crunches the captured data) to fail and then my time spent figuring out the cause of failure.

Possibilities I can think of
(1) Betfair screwed up and then reinstated Megans Beau after accidentally marking as a non runner.
(2) A Bet Angel/Guardian/Excel bug.
(3) A bug in my excel data capture code (surely not as it is very stable)
sa7med

Sure it's not the betfair order moving around? Sometimes this can mess with the index/matching
Wolf1877

sa7med wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:37 am
Sure it's not the betfair order moving around? Sometimes this can mess with the index/matching
No I capture frames of market data from Bet Angel/Excel and load it into a SQL Server database and then collate by horse name (not by Betfair sequence) for that very reason and I never have a problem with Betfair sequence otherwise my data wouldnt be as clean as it usually is!

I'd be interested to see if anyone captured the raw streaming data and can confirm that Betfair did indeed drop selection "Megans Beau" in that 20 minute period on Saturday morning.
LinusP

Wolf1877 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:55 am
I'd be interested to see if anyone captured the raw streaming data and can confirm that Betfair did indeed drop selection "Megans Beau" in that 20 minute period on Saturday morning.
Morning Wolf, just checked the data and you are correct, selectionId 24173578 was removed at 10:32 (UTC) before being added again at around 10:58. Not sure why as ihrb are a bit crap with race reports / historical info.
Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 10.53.25.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wolf1877

LinusP wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:58 am
Morning Wolf, just checked the data and you are correct, selectionId 24173578 was removed at 10:32 (UTC) before being added again at around 10:58. Not sure why as ihrb are a bit crap with race reports / historical info.
Thanks for taking the time to check this out Liam. I really appreciate it!

Looks like I need to amend my code to cater for the possibility of phantom non-runners then! As the adjustment factor was only 1.5% then I guess Betfair saw fit to just bung the runner back into the market with relatively little harm done. If it had been one of the favourites it would have caused chaos.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”