Funny benefit of lack of inplay Betdaq

The sport of kings.
Euler

It's simple, Betfair have set the inplay delay on sports at a level where if you try and beat it you can make money but you need to provide liquidity to do that. Other exchanges find it hard to take liquidity away because if they seed the market, they get picked off. It's a clever strategy.
stueytrader

Euler wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:29 am
It's simple, Betfair have set the inplay delay on sports at a level where if you try and beat it you can make money but you need to provide liquidity to do that. Other exchanges find it hard to take liquidity away because if they seed the market, they get picked off. It's a clever strategy.
Yes, can see this logic. Just to note Betdaq is not even the worst exchange for inplay, that would be Smarkets as there's very little at all there.
rik

just leave the bet man, obsession with trading out just lose a lot of value
rik

Euler wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:29 am
dont get it when you say you "need to provide liquidity" to beat the in-play delay, arent people with faster information trying to take the prices that other people are seeding? does that count as liquidity?
stueytrader

rik wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:55 am
just leave the bet man, obsession with trading out just lose a lot of value
I do actually quite often leave lays/backs in a race - but only when I've deliberately planned that. I will always try to trade out inplay if it wasn't planned. Of course, if you feel theres fundamental value in just the lay itself, then it's worth leaving.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”