Evening cards

The sport of kings.
prestburydreams

Hi I work all day and get back between 6-8 most evenings I'm trying to learn to trade the markets and just get through 100 trades without adding/blowing a very small bank 200 quid to be precise just to gef into the mindset of cutting losing trades racing the winning trades but more importantly not go in running when what seemed like a good trade suddenly takes a quantum leap such as starkers tonight it literally went from 5.5 to 4.1 in the blink of an eye

I would like to know if the professional traders who trade the evening cards get caught out from time to time by in the know money or at least we think we know as it was well beaten

Thanks
CallumPerry

Not one of the 'pros' but I think everybody has at some stage been caught out. Peter talked in his most recent video about starting with a single strategy and adding to your bow over time, perhaps just start with smaller odd movements at first (to reduce your liability) and build your £200 gradually as you learn. If you go bust, it's an investment. Good luck!
prestburydreams

Thanks I have been dipping in and out of this for years kept giving up on losing trades but then as the trading has grown a people are clambering for people who can't trade to read and subscribe to their sites I have realised that firstly traders lose races on a daily basis and secondly not every trade is a day off work tomorrow there are a lot of trades which return less then 20 quid cheers
spreadbetting

Night racing is usually poor quality so you're more likely to get large moves from relatively small gambles. Everyone gets caught out as none of us are privy to gambles due or even some chasing punter taking a price down that simply doesn't have the market or time to bounce back. That's why money management is so important and to realise there's always another race if you've the funds to play it.
Euler

Volume drops quite a bit in the even and combine that with weak racing and they can be quite volatile. Especially at the start of the week. Quality improves as we move through the week however and when there are two or three day meetings. Some of these will run on the evening before a bigger day on the Saturday.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”